Type R manifold into B16A 1st GEN

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arpee79

I have the type R manifold and want to put this on my b16A1 but i noticed that theres a couple of things that are diffrent,Fisrt theres 2 water oulets on my stock b16 and the type r has 1 .......WHERE does the extra little hose go connected to or do i need to CAP IT....

2nd ? the throttle cable holder that thinga ma jig does not fit of my b16 wich one will i need to use....If you dont know wich one im talking about its the one on the manifold that holds the throttle cable adjust bolts nest to the air temp sensor.

3? if there anything else i will need to modify to install this.

cap the extra coolant line, i did it with a big bolt and larg vacuum hose and hoes clamps. use your stock cable holder. i had to T 2 vaccum lines together because the manifold was short one.

sweet its going in tommorow morning.

Will it make any diffrence Performance wise with the stock THROTTLE BODY
or is it neccesary to get a bigger throttle body to make a diffrence,and if so what size in mm would be best since the stock bore on this manifold is 62.1mm

I know i wount notice a big diffrence it should just get more air "RIGHT" or is there a change in performance?

looks like you have a turbo motor, so i woudln't really know, mine was NA and it was noticable on the top end. you can get your stock TB bored out from http://www.proflowdesign.com thats where i got mine done. if you dont plan on boring out your manifold, just bore your stock one to 62mm.

I saw the link and is $155.00 price for a complete throttle body or do you send yours in to get bored.

Ok so i go to work today and start taking apart my manifold to install my new TYPE R MANIFOLD,so i take it off in about 1 hour taking brakes.

So i start removing part from old manifold to put on the type R manifold and the first thing i noticed,THE FREAKING IACV only hold's 1, one, 1, only 1 bolt ..FUCK....i say
and proceed to install it with only 1 bolt and spread a bit of honda silicone over the IAC gasket and tightened the 1 loner bolt to (I IMAGINE) over spec torque and for the second empty bolt i use good old trusty cable ties.

Now i start to put in the fuel rail AEM and again i notice the the TYPE R manifold wont take the fuel rail spacers (brown little round )so i put them on top of the rail then i tightened the 3 bolts. FINALLY i start the car, I had the feeling it would give me some sort of problem..............BUT IT DINDN'T
I feel the gas pedal a bit harder now,sound diffrent to not as loud as before.

QUESTION ????????? WILL THE IACV FROM A 92 CIVIC WORK ON THE TYPE R MANIFOLD.........IF NOT...........WICH ONE WILL.

ya, forgot to mention the spacers, you dont use them.

hoenstly done bother, the ITR intake manifold performs a little over your stocker ABOVE 8000rpms which if your running b16 cams you wouldn't do, and even if you did bump your revliimiter up it doesn't matter since your cams don't make power past 8k

Back