1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Type-r? Or Prelude ?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by ICEMAN13, Mar 13, 2003.

1. ICEMAN13

ICEMAN13 Junior Member

:blink: I dont know which way to go I want a beast to run on the streets but I dont know exactly what engine to drop into a Civic Hatchback. I know that for direct performance go for the Type - R but I also know that if you work on a H22a it will run like the devil himself. So if you have any advice to give please hit me back aight
    ----thanks

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

moving to what should i swap

and get an itr

3. shuturmowth

shuturmowth Senior Member

man it depends on your budget , dont be soo vague.... but i agree with pills get the itr if you can afford it.... :blink:

4. preluderjs

preluderjs Senior Member

Why? I just want to know what this is based on. I didnt think it made a difference for a daily driver, but I havent really given it much thought, so ummm.... yea, ignore that.

5. monzee

monzee Member

B18C jdm specs engine with Toda or JUN stage 3 cams,oversize 81.25mm ITR pistons, chipped up ECU to match.
    Or B16head with a B20B block, high dome pistons of 85mm, chipped up ecu to match.

6. 2 litre EG

2 litre EG Senior Member

personally if you have the money stick with the B18C spec R [type r motor]... you'll make damn good power if your going all motor

with the type r motor you wont have to worry about understeer or anything like that... also you will be able to REV higher, and you'll have a damn good tranny [one that im looking for at the moment :p ]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted