Type R Shocks With Skunk2 Coilovers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

is this a good setup.....i can get the type r suspension, and i was wondering if i could use the type r shocks with skunk2 coilovers. thanx

yeah but you have to change the rear control arms, i hear that stock itr shocks are like a koni shock

its a 96 ek civic hatch....i can get the whole suspension from a type r, including type r lower control arm...so put the type r lca and use the type r shocks wit sum skunk2 coilovers

Umm I believe you are mistaken. The ITR Shocks should work if you have it the itr lower control arms.

Originally posted by mwasnp@Feb 17 2003, 05:10 PM
Umm I believe you are mistaken. The ITR Shocks should work if you have it the itr lower control arms.

i agree

the shocks will "fit" but wont fit properly. ur suspension geometry will get thrown off if u use the ITR LCA and shock on an EK

ctr lower control arms are a different length compared to itr control arms. 6th gen civics have longer control arms, so whoever said you need ctr lca's is correct.

go with aftermarket koni's...its a better setup.

if u just want 5 lug u dont need to change the shocks out. just replace the brake system (front knuckles and rear trailing arms).

Back