Type R swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

H-Ridah

Hey wassup guys,
Probably gonna swap a b18c5 in my civic dx. I read on the forum that there’s a difference in length of the JDM ITR axels and the USDM ITR axels. I have a USDM civic so I’m afraid that the itr axels might not work. I’m buying a JDM ITR front cut to perform my swap so how do I solve my axle issues?
Can I just try to make the JDM ITR axels fit, do I use GSR axels (afraid GSR axels might not be able to handle the extra hp when putting the axels under stress) or do I have to buy those expensive hasport axels?
By the way…I’m pretty sure about this but I can use the stock ITR mounts to put the engine in right?
And any wiring/harness issues I might have to consider since the b18c5 is obd2 and my d15 is obd1? I thought i'd just run it obd1 and get it chipped.

Ive never heard of any differences in length. You can use axles out of a gsr, type r, or ls. They are all the same as long as they are for a manual. The only difference I can think of is some have a ring for the abs sensor. They are of equal strength and will be able to handle all the horsepower you will be running provided they are in decent shape.

I have heard, but not sure, that the type r axels are different. I read in another forum that to do a 5 lug conversion you must use the type r axels. Try searching via this avenue, there is always lots of questions regarding 5 lug conversions.

The only difference that i can think of is that the type r axles would have the abs ring on them which you would need if you have abs. But as far as the splines and length of them im almost positive they are the same. The only difference in the hubs is that one has 5 wheel studs and the other has 4. Which you would need should you decide you want type r wheels or any other 5 bolt lug pattern.

Back