type r swaybar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

t3t4si

Hey i have a 00 civic si and was curious to what all i need to make an itr swaybar fit on my car. Can i use the all factory parts..(endlinks,ect) or would i have to buy all itr parts. My car comes factory with a rear sway i thinks its a 14mm. I was just wanting to upgrade it.

You need the rear sway bar, the d brackets and clamps (the peices that attach the swaybar to your rear subframe) and also a rear subframe reinforcment kit like beaks or BSQ. Other then that, it will bolt right up.

the ITR rear is 22mm rear (23 for 98+spec JDM ITR) The diffrence is night and day.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Dec 23 2004, 11:34 PM
the ITR rear is 22mm rear (23 for 98+spec JDM ITR) The diffrence is night and day.
[post=436608]Quoted post[/post]​

I hope that t3t4si understands that he's going to need to drive his car a lot BETTER with an ITR rear swaybar upgrade. A 14mm rear swaybar is a lot more forgiving in terms of driver error. :ph34r:

i am completely aware of the difference the sway bar makes. i had the great privilege of driving a friend's ek at an autocross. the ek has a wonderful suspension on it...koni shocks, nuespeed race springs, ctr front sway and itr rear sway and spoon arm bars. i haven't gotten the chance to talk to him much about his setup since he lives 2 hours away and is never home. but the difference is night and day. i have heard about that tearout discussion before and wanted to get eveyone's opinon about sway first. Thanks :worthy:

The Beaks kit is good but I have seen one still rip the subframe with it, just make sure your shocks and springs are good enough to handle it all.

Back