type R tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90sleeper

trying to find out where to get a type R tranny and how to do the swap in a 90 teg ls

cable to hydro tranny conversion or vise versa. why not get a lsd cable y21? i think thats the name, whatever came in the old sir crx's.

you would definetly have an easier time finding the cable tranny with the lsd and it would be cheaper in the long run. Just compare gear ratios and see what the difference is. It shouldnt be too much if there is any difference at all.

hmotorsonline might sell you one if you called them up. the swap is easy, either drop the tranny out or remove the entire engine and tranny. i shouldnt say its easy but its really not that hard.

how would i get in touch with them and is that going to come with everything that I need to swap from the auto tranny if not what else am i going to need

ok I tried that but someone told me that the ITR tranny is the one to go with does anyone have a comment on that

yeah i do, look you never said anything about having in automatic car so that nulls this project in my eyes. sell your auto car and buy another car.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jul 7 2004, 11:36 PM
if you can get the ITR tranny with the 4.785 final drive then your golden

he has too many other issues to deal with first though

if you go hydro tranny into your teg not only do you have to change it to other hydro or cable but you also need to change your car from auto to manual which is a pain in the ass.

auto to manual isn't easy...
and then cable to hydro on top of it...

you're looking at all kinds of cash for somethign that you might actually make money on depending on what you sell yours for and what you get.

seriosuly, its in your best interest to just buy a manual car in the first place.

Back