Type R Valve Springs?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Iquark

Well, after looking, I've seen pros and cons on this topic. I am about to buy a set of Civic Type R cams, and I am wondering if I am risking valve float if I don't upgrade to ITR valve train. I can't get a clear answer from other posts, and I don't know whether to spend the extra 200$ to get the springs and retainers or not. The cam guide says that if I stay with the stock rev limiter, i should be okay with the stock springs, but I really don't know. Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks,

Ian

Originally posted by Iquark@Dec 25 2003, 11:19 PM
"and I don't know whether to spend the extra 200$ to get the springs and retainers or not."

then whats this about you don't want to spend money if you don't have to. unless you can get other springs for less than $50. :D

but whateva' its your final decision. Good Luck.

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4+Dec 25 2003, 09:39 PM-->
@Dec 25 2003, 11:19 PM
"and I don't know whether to spend the extra 200$ to get the springs and retainers or not."

then whats this about you don't want to spend money if you don't have to. unless you can get other springs for less than $50. :D

but whateva' its your final decision. Good Luck.

No, I meant that I'd rather just get the ITR springs and retainers if I had to get new stuff, I don't want to buy Skunk2 springs since I don't have to. It's either buy the ITR or not buy the ITR pretty much, I just need some advice whether to do it or not.

portflow makes some nice inner valvesprings. im currently using them with type r outers (they are all intake valvespings on exhaust sie and intake. check out portflows website. the inners were 80 for 16 and the type r outers were 5 bux each. i have used them with ctr cams reving to 9000 and no problems. check out portflow.com for more info or call um. by the way you can use the ctrs with your factory stuff and rev to like 7000. the problem is those cams will make power past that. so it would be kinda pointless unless your able to rev to 8500. IMO. good luck

Back