type S internals into h22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jaz

im considering grabbin an h22a type S, but then im like what if i just get a regular

h22a w/LSD, and then buy type S pistons , cams, valves, and get p/p , that will

basically make it into a type S, am i right? can type s pistons and cams be just

simply bolted in that easily? answers and any other comments on this topic would

be appreciated and sorry if im repeating a question that may have been answered

a million times. oh and if i install those type S internals, will it matter if i use an

ECU from a type S or not ?

theres no way that doing all that work can be cost effective. unless a type s is several thousand dollars more than a regular h22a (its not), you'll spend way more buying the parts and then having them installed than to just buy the type s motor to begin with .

yes it is different its a much better design as well as not having the secodaries that open up at a certain rpmi beleive they also receive a hand port job to

In short, just get a normal JDM H22A with an LSD tranny.

You'll be missing out on a few horsepower and a few foot-pounds of torque, and that's it. Buying most of the Type S stuff (rods, valvetrain, manifold, etc) will most definitely NOT be cost-effective for the gains you'll see. If you're really looking at upgrading your H22, get some aftermarket stuff.

However, the Type S pistons would be a decent investment, since they're more or less of a drop-in compared to aftermarket pistons, most of which require a resleeving. They'll take you up to 11.1:1 compression.

Back