Type S Motor Into Base Rsx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mazdagt3

any info on whats needed to swap a type s motor into the base rsx. i have both models, smashed, yet complete. thanks in advance.

There is this site called i think Hybridhonda.com or Hybridgarage.com that kinda has a how-to to do it on an 02 si. It is basicly the same thing because the si and the base rsx has the same engine. Do a search on google for k20(a2?) in 2002 civic si and you'll find the site that i am talking about.

Originally posted by Silver94Teg@Jan 5 2003, 01:25 PM
Talk to the guys at Hasport.

Hope you have alot of $$$. :p

not realy, he is talking abut the same basic engine design, it is not like he is going from a 98 ex and trying to put the k series in there. They are the same way that you can put a bseries in any other b series chassis (gsr in a LS) If he already has the enigine and everything (says he has two wrecks) the only thing he is going to worry about is shift linkages.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 5 2003, 12:24 PM
There is this site called i think Hybridhonda.com or Hybridgarage.com that kinda has a how-to to do it on an 02 si. It is basicly the same thing because the si and the base rsx has the same engine. Do a search on google for k20(a2?) in 2002 civic si and you'll find the site that i am talking about.

http://tech.hybridgarage.com

Read the 7G Swap article in there for the 2002 Si- it should be much the same. Rekeying the ignition to work with the new ECU will be fun... but you shouldn't have to worry about that if you got the engine legally.

:)

calesta, what OBD are the new civics and RSX's, are they like a 3rd generation of obd2? (not getting any ideas)

exspensive motor...hope u got the bucks to do that..research what ur getting into..(if u havent already)

They're not that expensive... plus it's the easiest swap into a base RSX, so in the end it'll cost the least.

you shouldn't have to do more than just swap the motors and ecu, should be a simple swap being that the engine blocks are identical for the most part. you might need to pull the immobilizer out of the type s along with the ecu, and maybe swap the key sockets

Originally posted by jigga@Feb 10 2003, 08:00 PM
Should of bought an S

What kind of first post is that? Reason not buying the s in the first place, insurance is more, cost of the s package might be more (dont know if you save any money by swaping but could be)

What kind of car do you drive? If you want to do a swap, why didn't you just buy the integra GSR instead of the LS or civic SI instead of the EX. You probally bought it used for a good price but you want something faster. Same thing

Back