Type S v. Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

s4067601572c02.jpg

So what would you choose?

RSX type S

the civic Si doesnt even come close
the RSX looks better
the RSX has more Tq
the RSX has more HP
the RSX has a much better engine
the RSX has VTEC on both the intake and exhaust cams (Si is only on the intake)
the RSX holds its value better
the RSX has a better / longer warranty

basicly its not even fuckin close

not to mention the Type S comes with everything standard while it's either optional or not available for the Si.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Mar 28 2004, 06:39 PM
the type s.

maybe a comparison between the new si and the base model rsx would require more thinking.

:withstupid: I'd take the S over the Si, but if it was the base RSX or Si, I would take the Si.

I figured Id get flamed. But I would go for the S over the Si. Ive driven the type S, but not the Si, this next question is to who has driven the Si, whats it like?

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Mar 28 2004, 06:39 PM
the type s.

maybe a comparison between the new si and the base model rsx would require more thinking.

The new SI sux, get the Type S y0

my brothers si is ok to drive. the shifter is kinda weird at first but you get used to it. it has a different kind of power, its hard to explain. it has alot more torque than a b series, and its a lot smoother. I would go with the RSX S because my brother has the si, and I wouldnt want to copy, and if I want to drive it, I can.

Im not really going to get either one, Im just simply comparing the two. But in like 2-3 years its either 04 Type S, 04 Si or 04 S2K. By then I should be able to afford them. My girlfriend wants me to look more into the S2k rather than the RSX-S or Si. I can see why.

well you choose your own car, and don't listen to your girl. Gold digger probably wants you to get it so she can drive it. on't be pw and get what she wants. Get what you want.

Forester 2.5XT with Vishnu parts.

Once you drive an AWD turbo car, NOTHING compares. :)

Am I the only person that loves the new Si hatches ?

The RSX is faster in many ways, but the Si autocrosses so much better, and it's a better car to live with. I don't regret my Hatch (over a second gen CRX) anyday because I'm using it's trunk all the time. Visibility, predictable handling and superior interior space make it all the better to actually own.

If I were to rent, I dunno. I see a lot of potential in the new EP body, but the RSX is a sexy car.

-> Steve

Originally posted by driverunknown@Mar 29 2004, 01:10 AM
well you choose your own car, and don't listen to your girl. Gold digger probably wants you to get it so she can drive it. on't be pw and get what she wants. Get what you want.

That was very uncalled for, my girlfriend is not a gold digger, if she were she wouldnt be with me. You know why, have you seen my car? No you haven't. Maybe you should go look at it. Stop stereotyping people, especially people you have never met in your entire life. And if you did she probably would even speak to you. And she can't drive a manual anyhow. With that said, she wants me to get the S2K becuase it looks plain bad ass. Aside fromt why she wants, I want it beucae I have wanted it since it came out back in 99. No since I've been planning and setting a budget I most likely will be able to afford a 99-02 used wiht about 45-65K miles. I want a Black one with the optional hardtop and OEM body kit. I dont care about All Wheel Drive Turbo crap, I bet it is fun to drive and all but I simply dont care about it. I want an S2K or a RSX-S. Plain and simple, I dont care what you know about Subaru's, Mitsubishi's or Toyota's, Im not getting one of those. I love Honda's and since this is Hondaswap I figured Id post about a honda for a change. Since everyone seems to own 240's and such.

Back