Type-S vs Type R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KWJaY

What car is faster stock for stock, an intregra type R(97-00) or an RSX Type-S

arent they Type S's supposed to run a high 14 in the 1/4? just like the Type R?

If i remember right it was a 14.8 for the type S and a 14.7 for the type R....

although I have never seen a stock Type S at the track run faster than a 16.5......

Type R's are not ment for the quarter mile. Drive one around the turn and you will see that they are designed for turning. From the factory, the only thing that you need to change to go straight to road course are the brake pads, brake fluid, and tires. R's are OEM track cars, not 1320 sprinters.

RSX TYPE-S Runs low 15's in the 1320 while the type R runs a high 14. So something like 15.3 to 14.7 or 14.8.

Peace*

yeah i know, im kinda just using the 1/4 mile to judge the speed, im thinking of taking out a loan to get a type R, and i thought well maybe if im gunna spend 20k on a car, why not just get a type S ya know

but that makes no sence

you cant judge the performance capabilities of a car designed for road course by what it does in the 1/4 mile

the type R and type S are both built with road course performance in mind... not all out straight line acceleration.... go out and test drive them and see what you like better ..... but ill tell you straight out if your looking for a 1/4 mile car dont waste your time or money

The type R is a better over-all car. And you get to tell people that you own a real type R. Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!! ;)

i guess you just don't understand what im trying to say, i was just wondering if the type S's ran like a 15, cuz i know about how fast a 15 sec car is, ya know? im not planning on doing much drag, autoX seems like much more fun.

even still, that is just acceleration from a dead stop. on a road course, you are never stopped. speed can be measured from any starting point and still get totally different results with different cars... 1/4 mile is not a good measure of how fast a car is. only from a dead stop.

I hear what they are saying, but I ALSO hear what you are saying. It really depends on what you want, the luxury and finish of a Type S which is marginally slower, or the road noise and handling of the Type R.........depends on what YOU want for your 20 grand......

I say get the type-S, then you don't have to deal with the hassle of importing a car, unless somebody already has one that is willing to sell it to you.

WTF are you talking about

hes asking about the 97-00 USDM Integra type R vs the USDM RSX type S

where the fuck did you pull import issues from???

Oops, my bad. I thought he was talking about the new ITR vs. the Type-S.

I looked it up earlier. the RSX-S puts down 14.8s and the Teg R puts down 15.1s or so.

They're close but the S wins.

Back