TypeR Dual valve springs or not?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dannyum89

Hey guys. Im brand new to this forum but not new to forums so please dont treat me like a newbie. I recently bought a 92 civic hatch from a friend of a friend. Gas prices were too high for my T/A. From what I gather it has a B18c1 with a 00 Si tranny. Its got a whole bunch of other bells and whistles but for the most part this could be called a GSR swap rite? Anyways my question is the head has the stampings 99 PR3-3. I did some homework and found out this is a B16 head and could be aTypeR head correct? I read that if it was a TypeR it would have dual valve springs. Problem is I cant see in there. I see the springs but cant see if theres another smaller one in the middle there. I dont see the green mark either. Can you tell by the cams without a micrometer? Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry guys. I think I posted this in the wrong place. The chassisnis a 92 but the internals aren't. correct me if im wrong.

you are right, the green mark and the dual valve springs will tell you... im willing to bet you have a b16a head, which isnt a bad thing....

Yeah I just got the head shaved before putting the head gasket back on and the guy at the machine shop told me it likely a b16a head with what look like typeR cams

Back