Typing Test

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 7 2004, 05:50 PM
I keep on getting around 45. I think that I type faster when the words are coming from me. When I always type slower so i know that I am using the right spelling.

:werd: when I know what I'm thinking I make typographical errors like teh and stuff like that...when I'm typing something that isn't coming from me I add s's and miss letters, caps, etc.

Your speed was 76 WPM with 8 mistakes (adjusted speed 68 WPM)

71 WPM No mistakes first try, I don't have a g or z key too. I'm happy with that, haven't been in a typing class for days almost 2 years now,, and i only decreased 30 wpm.

Your speed was 39 WPM with 2 mistakes (adjusted speed 37 WPM)

not bad for a one handed bandit with no typing skills

The exercise was
Blame it on ignorance, indifference, or in my case -bashfulness- the vast majority of travelers do not take advantage of the colorful range of offerings. I was told by one veteran USAir reservation agent, "In all my years of experience I have never had a request other than vegetarian, fruit, Kosher, or baby food."

You typed
Blame it on ignorance, indifference, or in my case -bashfulness- the vast majority of travelers do not take advantage of the colorful range of offerings. I was told by one veteran USAir reservation agent, "In all my years of experience I have never had a request other than vegetarian, fruit, Kosher, or baby food."

Your accuracy was impressive.

Your speed was 180 WPM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anybody can get that high as long as they CUT AND PASTE.....

I'll try it when I get home from work. Straight keyboards with crappy squishy keys aren't really good for fast typing... all they're good for is so Dell can make more money and so you can make all sorts of mistakes.

:(

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Jan 7 2004, 07:41 PM
The exercise was

You typed

Your speed was 180 WPM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anybody can get that high as long as they CUT AND PASTE.....

:lol: :lol:

The exercise was
Once when a Lion was asleep a little Mouse began running up and down upon him; this soon wakened the Lion, who placed his huge paw upon him, and opened his big jaws to swallow him. "Pardon, O King," cried the little Mouse: "forgive me this time, I shall never forget it: who knows but what I may be able to do you a turn some of these days?" The Lion was so tickled at the idea of the Mouse being able to help him, that he lifted up his paw and let him go.

You typed
Once when a Lion was asleep a little Mouse began running up and down upon him; this soon wakened the Lion, who placed his huge paw upon him, and opened his big jaws to swallow him. "Pardon, O King," cried the little Mouse: "forgive me this time, I shall never forget it: who knows but what I may be able to do you a turn some of these days?" The Lion was so tickled at the idea of the Mouse being able to help him, that he lifted up his paw and let him go.

Copy and Paste does not help your Typing Skills.

:bo:

Your speed was 26 WPM with 30 mistakes (adjusted speed unavailable)
------------
i missed 1 fucking word and i get 30 mistakes, and yes i know i type slow.

43wpm with 1 mistake....good enough for me....but put me in a chat room and I can rip up that shit...hahaha

The exercise was
Later on in the day they sat down to eat, and the food prepared was quite scalding. The Man raised one of the dishes a little towards his mouth and blew in it. When the Satyr again inquired the reason, he said that he did it to cool the meat, which was too hot. "I can no longer consider you as a friend," said the Satyr, "a fellow who with the same breath blows hot and cold."

You typed
Later on in the day they sat down to eat, and the food prepared was quite scalding. The Man raised one of the dishes a little towards his mouth and blew in it. When the Satyr again inquired the reason, he said that he did it to cool the meat, which was too hit. "I can no longer consider you as a friend," said the Satyr, "a fellow who with the same breath blows hot and cold."

Your speed was 74 WPM with 1 mistake (adjusted speed 73 WPM)

Your speed was 96 WPM with 2 mistakes (adjusted speed 94 WPM)

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 7 2004, 08:08 PM
Straight keyboards with crappy squishy keys

I love those keyboards, I'd trade this peice of shit I'm usin for it anyday

Seriously? I need a keyboard with an ergonomic layout, and keys that are really light but still have a very solid feel to them. I'm really picky about my keyboards. The one I was on at work today REALLY sucked.

By the way, I average about mid 80s on that tester, one mistake or so average per shot.

I hunt and peck at the keyboard using an average of 4 fingers at any given time, I'm not awake, I'm tired and my eyes are blurry at work.

And I still got this:

The exercise was
It is our belief, however, that serious professional users will run out of things they can do with UNIX. They'll want a real system and will end up doing VMS when they get to be serious about programming. With UNIX, if you're looking for something, you can easily and quickly check that small manual and find out that it's not there. With VMS, no matter what you look for -- it's literally a five-foot shelf of documentation -- if you look long enough it's there. That's the difference -- the beauty of UNIX is it's simple; and the beauty of VMS is that it's all there.

You typed
It is our belief, however, that serious professional users will run out of things they can do with UNIX. They'll want a real system and will end up doing VMS when they get to be serious about programming. With UNIX, if you're looking for something, you can easily and quickly check that small manual and find out that it's not there. With VMS, no matter what you look for -- it's literally a five-foot shelf of documentation -- if you look long enough it's there. That's the difference -- the beauty of UNIX is it's simple; and the beauty of VMS is that it's all there.

Your speed was 46 WPM

Your typing speed is good, sign up for a FREE account and stay in practice.

Back