1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

u.s. b18c1 water pump and timing belt

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by PhyRe, Aug 19, 2004.

1. PhyRe

PhyRe Senior Member

at hmotorsonline.com they say that all their motors must have the water pump and timing belt changed or shit wont work. now my ? is if i have the whole car that my u.s. motor is coming out of do i need and new timing belt and water pump or can i use the ones that come with the motor. i know that they are still good because the car is running fine. i nkow that replacing them would be the best thing but i am just lookin for a temperary thing b4 i get all my $ and just want to know if this is possible

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Both of them are wear items, and they say tat to cover their asses. You should be fine, but you can't blme them if they don't work.

3. PhyRe

PhyRe Senior Member

so as a temp thing i should be good. glad to hear it. anything i should look for to see if they are bad?

4. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

So, you would take teh time to do TWO timing belt/water pump swaps, but you won't just spend the $150 and do it the 1st time properly? :blink:

5. PhyRe

PhyRe Senior Member

that is a good point ut i have no $

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted