U.S. officially has no clue where Bin Laden is

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sabz5150

FALCON PUNCH!!!
Bin Laden’s trail cold, U.S. acknowledges
Forces focus on Afghan democracy, pursuing Taliban
The Associated Press
Updated: 5:51 p.m. ET Dec. 2, 2004

KABUL, Afghanistan - For a time, the U.S. military in Afghanistan was talking as if it would smoke Osama bin Laden out of a cave on the rocky Pakistan border within months, perhaps even ahead of President Bush’s re-election.

Now, U.S. commanders say protecting the country’s fragile new democracy, reviving its economy and keeping Taliban militants on the run are the priorities, although tracking the cold trail of bin Laden and other al-Qaida leaders remains the focus of intelligence efforts.

Spies, informers, electronic listening devices and surveillance from the air all belong to the U.S. arsenal. However, U.S. officials acknowledge that videotapes featuring a sprightly-looking bin Laden — released days before the Nov. 2 election in the United States — and his deputy, Ayman al-Zawahri, have yielded no clues to their whereabouts, even though one was delivered to a TV channel in Islamabad, Pakistan.

“They’re pretty sterile in terms of intelligence value,†Maj. Gen. Eric Olson, the operational commander of U.S. forces here, told The Associated Press.

...it would be nice to get him, but why should they worry and completely focus all their efforts on Bin Laden?

He's like a bully, without his 'goons' and the rest of the Talibhan he has no power.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Dec 5 2004, 06:01 PM
...it would be nice to get him, but why should they worry and completely focus all their efforts on Bin Laden?

He's like a bully, without his 'goons' and the rest of the Talibhan he has no power.
[post=426642]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm no Ph.D or anything, but I am just going to venture a guess that it has something to do with being behind slamming planes into three buildings which took the lives of thousands.

Indeed he is. Bush is giving him a rim job as I type this.

And did anyone NOT see this coming?

Wow, the leader of a guerrilla militant group in a third world country eluded capture, amazing news.

The question I'd ask you is, think you could do better? Step up to the plate, if you think you could that it is.

Originally posted by Blanco@Dec 6 2004, 07:25 AM

You know, it is not only our right, but our duty to question our government and the mistakes that it makes.
[post=426923]Quoted post[/post]​

oh so right :ph34r:
people forget that sometimes.

Originally posted by Blanco@Dec 6 2004, 07:25 AM
You amaze me. How about this, it would have helped tremendously if the vast majority of our forces weren't diverted into a needless war. It would have also helped to not have given him a two month head start.

You know, it is not only our right, but our duty to question our government and the mistakes that it makes.

Yes because we'll just said a huge sweep force out there right? Do you have any background in strategic military planning at all? The forces they sent for him were all elite troops, tiny guerilla troops. You cant just show up and go "hi, we're all hear in the wide open for you to set boobie traps and shoot the shit out of"...that kind of war stopped back with World War I and II.

As the one fella said, if you can do better...step the fuck up, or shut the fuck up and sit down. :)

And about the fella who gave himself a Ph.D, yes he was the mastermind behind a huge tragedy but how many criminals are at large currently in America? Its not like he murdered one single person by himself, he's not a huge threat unless he has others backing him. Just like Sadaam, we'll get him sooner or later.

Originally posted by caffeind+Dec 6 2004, 08:23 AM-->
@Dec 6 2004, 07:25 AM

oh so right :ph34r:
people forget that sometimes.
[post=426927]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes he's correct about questioning the government, but he lives in an ideal fucking world and doesn't realize that shit works just the way as Mr. Blanco wants or doesn't want.

Everyone thinks they're an expert when the media speaks about something. "Oh yeah, lets just send everyone in there and get them!" That doesn't neccesarly work when you're searching for one specific person, yet idealistically it seems like the perfect solution. I'm no expert in military strategy but thats just common sense that some people fail to use.

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Dec 6 2004, 09:29 AM
Dude, Bush is fucking this up so bad.
[post=426940]Quoted post[/post]​

...because President Bush is the end all be all when it comes to military planning? He may be the Commander in Chief but that obviously doesn't mean that he's behind the strategy. He signs what the 'experts' tell him to sign.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Dec 6 2004, 02:01 PM
Yes because we'll just said a huge sweep force out there right? Do you have any background in strategic military planning at all? The forces they sent for him were all elite troops, tiny guerilla troops. You cant just show up and go "hi, we're all hear in the wide open for you to set boobie traps and shoot the shit out of"...that kind of war stopped back with World War I and II.

Hmmm... Sounds like Iraq to me.

ok let me ask this: what HASN"T bush fucked up? thats what i wanna know. well he did succeed at giving the rich tax breaks cause lord knows they need it.

Honestly i'm not suprised on this at all. I figured this was bound to happen, hell we couldn't even capture him when we supposeldly had the chance.

Originally posted by Sabz5150+Dec 6 2004, 02:05 PM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Dec 6 2004, 02:01 PM

Hmmm... Sounds like Iraq to me.
[post=427109]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope.

The number of troops in Iraq is actually very few compared to the number of troops we have available. It wasn't that large of a 'mass invasion' compared to the numbers we possess. Think again. :p

Originally posted by Trinity@Dec 6 2004, 02:08 PM
ok let me ask this: what HASN"T bush fucked up? thats what i wanna know. well he did succeed at giving the rich tax breaks cause lord knows they need it.

Honestly i'm not suprised on this at all. I figured this was bound to happen, hell we couldn't even capture him when we supposeldly had the chance.
[post=427112]Quoted post[/post]​

You truly believe that when we allegedly 'had the chance' that the troops like walked backwards or stopped looking at him or something? ...I'm sure you can ask anyone over there and they'll tell you that they've done all within their power to capture him. Why don't you just follow Mr. Bin L through some caves and tunnels in a foreign country that he and his people are familiar with and you're not. Its always harder fighting on foreign soil. When you fight on your on soil you know the terrority and you're also fighting to keep something thats yours. ...one of the many reasons why the Vietnam War wasn't a success in the least.

...and I do believe that Bush sent most middle american families a series of tax breaks, around $200-500. As I recall, when Clinton was in office taxes were going up and there wasn't a refund like that at all. Something isn't better than nothing? ;)

Umm, WTF is $200-500 going to do. I am a poor college student, and 200 dollars even for me will barely do anything to help change my life. Thats 2-3 books. Big fucking deal. Thats not a life changing amount.

How is it you NEVER have anything bad to say about the current amministration. Standing behind the governement 100% no matter what is not the patriotic, its bull shit, weak, and ignorant.

Hell, if you want to talk about current presidential bullshit, read up on "First amendment zones" On of the best was the presidency argued that the designated spot was chosen for the protesters safety. Half an our before the presidential motorcade drove by, the protester spot was ordered to move to another half a mile from the motorcade route for the protesters safety. As soon as they moved, Bush supports filled the once occupied "dangerous" spot with flags and pro bush posters, and were not bothered one bit. That is bull shit, and once again, the current presidency way of runing the country. Lets use the bill of rights as a peice of toilet paper why don't we?

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Dec 6 2004, 02:26 PM
Nope.

The number of troops in Iraq is actually very few compared to the number of troops we have available. It wasn't that large of a 'mass invasion' compared to the numbers we possess. Think again. :p
[post=427122]Quoted post[/post]​

Begs the question why, with the amount of forces you say we have, can we not hold down a country the size of California? Why are troops constantly having their tours extended if we have so many troops? By what you say we should have enough to easily make sure that our troops aren't overworked.

Back