U.S. officially has no clue where Bin Laden is

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Trinity+Dec 6 2004, 02:08 PM-->
...and I do believe that Bush sent most middle american families a series of tax breaks, around $200-500.

asmallsol
@Dec 6 2004, 01:52 PM
Umm, WTF is $200-500 going to do. I am a poor college student, and 200 dollars even for me will barely do anything to help change my life. Thats 2-3 books. Big fucking deal. Thats not a life changing amount.

:werd:

Nobody still associates Bush with fiscal responsibility, right? Even the people who like him, it's because he's into Jesus and rewarding the rich, right?

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Dec 6 2004, 02:01 PM
As the one fella said, if you can do better...step the fuck up, or shut the fuck up and sit down. :)
[post=427102]Quoted post[/post]​

I voted for Kerry, does that count? Not only has Bush the fucked up the whole search for Bin Laden (and isn't he the Commander-in-Chief?), but he has thrown away billions of our dollars and caused more Americans to be killed (our military) in the process.... and there is no end in sight to the mess in Iraq.

And I am just sick to my stomach hearing that Pat Tillman was killed by friendly fire. :angry:

ya when bush came up here they tried to set a protest bndry. Ha bush got waved at by evry person he met. We just forgot to use all 5 fingers

Originally posted by asmallsol@Dec 6 2004, 02:52 PM
Umm, WTF is $200-500 going to do. I am a poor college student, and 200 dollars even for me will barely do anything to help change my life. Thats 2-3 books. Big fucking deal. Thats not a life changing amount.

How is it you NEVER have anything bad to say about the current amministration. Standing behind the governement 100% no matter what is not the patriotic, its bull shit, weak, and ignorant.

Hell, if you want to talk about current presidential bullshit, read up on "First amendment zones" On of the best was the presidency argued that the designated spot was chosen for the protesters safety. Half an our before the presidential motorcade drove by, the protester spot was ordered to move to another half a mile from the motorcade route for the protesters safety. As soon as they moved, Bush supports filled the once occupied "dangerous" spot with flags and pro bush posters, and were not bothered one bit. That is bull shit, and once again, the current presidency way of runing the country. Lets use the bill of rights as a peice of toilet paper why don't we?
[post=427130]Quoted post[/post]​

You are fucking blinded. I realize that its not perfect, nothing ever is. Your last little statement, you dont think that happens with every president? You dont think that canidates do things beneficial to the election and dont really care about the reprocussions at first...look at Nixxon.

I'm glad that you're a new young mind and question the government, I too question the government, I'm just not so quick to live in the ideal world that most of the posters here seem to live in and believe everything should be perfect.

And about the refund check, I dont give a shit if it wasnt a life changing experience, my point was it was MORE than the tax relief that Clinton gave which was nothing except raising taxes. So bitch some more. Just understand that the government will never be willing to hand out 'oodles' of free money, they're more ept to take it from you.

Originally posted by Sabz5150+Dec 6 2004, 03:33 PM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Dec 6 2004, 02:26 PM
Nope.

The number of troops in Iraq is actually very few compared to the number of troops we have available. It wasn't that large of a 'mass invasion' compared to the numbers we possess. Think again. :p
[post=427122]Quoted post[/post]​

Begs the question why, with the amount of forces you say we have, can we not hold down a country the size of California? Why are troops constantly having their tours extended if we have so many troops? By what you say we should have enough to easily make sure that our troops aren't overworked.
[post=427156]Quoted post[/post]​

Why couldn't we beat an ass backwards country like Vietnam, even if it did have backing from more advanced communist societies?

If war were simple, it wouldn't be so long and drawn out. The Civil War took more lives than any other war and the North was much stronger than the South and they still suffered severe casualties. Germany damn near took over all of Europe during WWI and WWII and look how small their country is. Please, when you say things think about the entire idea behind it....this is what I'm ranting and raving about people being too idealistic and thinking that "oh if we just send a lot of troops over, we'll squash them." You can't squash them if you can't find them.

When Charlie is hiding in rice patties with his AK, you don't send a large number of troops accross there and think that everyone will keep their lives. ...not how war works and that SHOULD be common knowledge.

...then again most kids now a days will sit on the computer or in a fantasy world and never be in touch with reality. ...then of course they'll be experts when it comes to worldly issues. thats a whole other rant.

No Bush isn't perfect, yes I would like this War to have been over as soon as it began and that we would have got exactly what we were in there for...but guess what it didn't happen that way. FUBAR'd

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Dec 6 2004, 07:30 PM
ya when bush came up here they tried to set a protest bndry. Ha bush got waved at by evry person he met. We just forgot to use all 5 fingers
[post=427279]Quoted post[/post]​

Ha... and the same happened to Kerry.

Why do people think that incident are so isolated and don't realize whats 'good for the goose is good for the gander'

I ain't un-patriotic or anything, but the government itself has been making one bad decision after another.

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Dec 6 2004, 10:36 PM
I ain't un-patriotic or anything, but the government itself has been making one bad decision after another.
[post=427347]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats my point exactly. You imply that saying the government isn't making the right choices is unpatriotic

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Dec 7 2004, 03:36 AM
[post=427347]Quoted post[/post]​

And is this something new? Let me field that one....no it isn't. People have been ripe with hostility towards their governing bodies since they existed. America is founded on it. The amount of protesters today pales in comparision to even the 70's, as well as the amount of people actually willing to sacrifice for their beliefs. Just like when people talk about how shitty a job the government or military is doing, I'll tell you the same thing about that, don't like it, take a stand and fix it. If you don't have the cojones to do it, or think it too great a task than that is the first step towards not being a patriot. As said before it's real easy to sit back and critisize without ever actually getting your hands dirty, but what good is it? Wow, you spoke your mind, and guess what, it didn't change shit. Get involved, talk means nothing without action.

As far as Bin Laden goes, did the military handle it right, maybe with the tools the politictians let them have, maybe not. It really is no easy task to walk into the enemys backyard and fight him, much less track down someone that has the backing or fear of a whole country (and others outside) to help him hide. Is the military spread too thin? I can speak for the Army and say yes, our deployments are too long (12-18 months), and the politics are getting in the way of the job we are being asked to do. Also in Iraq, we aren't here now to conquer, we are trying to stabilize the place for it to take control of itself. Was it the right thing to do, depends, was it the proper course of action based on our current political situation, no. But you know what? We did, and that's it, we're here and it's not changing for a while, so grin and bear it, or don't.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Dec 7 2004, 02:23 AM
...then again most kids now a days will sit on the computer or in a fantasy world and never be in touch with reality. ...then of course they'll be experts when it comes to worldly issues. thats a whole other rant.

A fucking MEN

Originally posted by spectacle+Dec 7 2004, 09:53 AM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Dec 7 2004, 02:23 AM

A fucking MEN
[post=427592]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, I find the political discussions on the internet fairly reflective of what I hear in the NorthEast and coming out of the mouths of adults... but I live in a "blue state". What isn't realistic is when you boys discuss your issues with your gfs or your ideal s.o. Otherwise, I think that it's a great trend that the "kids" are discussing world issues, one complaint that the rest of society has had for years is that the youth of America wasn't getting involved with politics. At least this last election, voting levels for the younger sect was the highest ever.

Let the discussions continue. While it may seem that with all of the arguments back and both never change anyone's opinions, active thinking is still a good thing. Perhaps all the internet debates are actually making some changes in "real life" but it's not being admitted to on the internet. It's better to have an opinion than no opinions at all. You think their opinion stupid? Well chances are there are more people that think that way and it's an issue that should be addressed by the opposing party. Think of it as feedback. It is so foolish to think that our population as a whole would ever be in complete agreement over all issues. And as long as everyone is casting their votes, our democracy is alive.

And is this something new? Let me field that one....no it isn't. People have been ripe with hostility towards their governing bodies since they existed. America is founded on it. The amount of protesters today pales in comparision to even the 70's, as well as the amount of people actually willing to sacrifice for their beliefs. Just like when people talk about how shitty a job the government or military is doing, I'll tell you the same thing about that, don't like it, take a stand and fix it. If you don't have the cojones to do it, or think it too great a task than that is the first step towards not being a patriot. As said before it's real easy to sit back and critisize without ever actually getting your hands dirty, but what good is it? Wow, you spoke your mind, and guess what, it didn't change shit. Get involved, talk means nothing without action.

As far as Bin Laden goes, did the military handle it right, maybe with the tools the politictians let them have, maybe not. It really is no easy task to walk into the enemys backyard and fight him, much less track down someone that has the backing or fear of a whole country (and others outside) to help him hide. Is the military spread too thin? I can speak for the Army and say yes, our deployments are too long (12-18 months), and the politics are getting in the way of the job we are being asked to do. Also in Iraq, we aren't here now to conquer, we are trying to stabilize the place for it to take control of itself. Was it the right thing to do, depends, was it the proper course of action based on our current political situation, no. But you know what? We did, and that's it, we're here and it's not changing for a while, so grin and bear it, or don't.

So would me joining the Marines and shipping off to boot camp Jan. 3rd have any affect in that? I mean, I love my country and everything, but the government is fucking up.

Support the troops, not the government.

"It doesn't take a military genius to know that giving someone a two month head start is detrimental to the goal of finding them."

Its called political red tape. I won't even read any further.

Think before typing. :ph34r:

"But if there were enough forces to say, actually search the entire country, it'd be kind of nice. "

Idealistic little bugger aren't you? Hmm could it possibly be that the people over here don't want to send more troops? ...wait a second MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MIND. Once again, there's a shitload of political red tape and BS to go through before sending more forces over there...along with wanting the approval of the general public unless you want this place to turn into a tyranny...?

Oh and there are quite a few forces over there, its not just a 'few small groups' Get your shit straight. To encompass an entire country or every target WOULD take wave after wave of soldiers.

"If someone killed close to 3,000 people, they'd be number one on every most wanted list in the country. It's not like bin Laden was a huge threat to the U.S.S.R. either. Oh wait, he's C.I.A. trained and managed to stomp the shit out of Russia. The man is a much larger threat to America than Saddam ever was."

Jesus, work on reading comprehension here. He didn't stomp the U.S.S.R. A leader without troops is just a man. As I said, without the support of many of his men he's nothing. ...Bin Laden also had the backing of the US to stop the spread of the Iron Curtain. Once again, get your shit straight.

Seriously its like banging my head on a fucking wall when talking to you because you live in la-la land.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Dec 7 2004, 01:46 PM
Seriously its like banging my head on a fucking wall when talking to you because you live in la-la land.
[post=427656]Quoted post[/post]​

You still haven't answered Blancos questions.

A fucking MEN
[post=427592]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, I find the political discussions on the internet fairly reflective of what I hear in the NorthEast and coming out of the mouths of adults... but I live in a "blue state". What isn't realistic is when you boys discuss your issues with your gfs or your ideal s.o. Otherwise, I think that it's a great trend that the "kids" are discussing world issues, one complaint that the rest of society has had for years is that the youth of America wasn't getting involved with politics. At least this last election, voting levels for the younger sect was the highest ever.

[post=427600]Quoted post[/post]​

What good is a vote if they're not educated or don't understand what they're voting for. I don't care how many kids discuss politics online, they have not a clue what it is like in the political world or the BS that a canidate or president has to go through to get from Point A to Point B. Most of the time, misinformation is just spewed here and there and the kids do exactly as you said...they regurgitate what their parents say to them without fully understanding the totality of it all. Another common place is for kids to live in la-la land like I said and completely disregard how the political system works.

Should the system be better? Of course...
Will the idealistic crap that kids think can get done, get done? Of course not.

I definately would've changed things when it came to this war, but unfortunately most of the time the presidents hands are tied by a lot of other issues before he can just set a plan in motion.

Hell why aren't our cars running on hydrogen yet? ...partly because of the oil business lobbying against things that will hurt their business. Do you think the president could just pass a bill and completely ignore that? Even if he did ignore it, others wouldn't.

There's a million different forces and pressures on the president at once and so many things behind the scenes that most of us don't even understand. Yet, Mr. Joe Internet Tard can run the president better than anyone else because they know it all.

You say "Us kids" have been living the good life. What in your life makes you so much more worldly on above subjects?

Also, back to what I said about first ammenment zones and your remark about nixxon. How can you use nixxon as a defence. He was a criminal, and far from a president to look up to.

hmm fighting for the big industry lobbiests, thats reassuring. Look at the millions of people growing up in the big citys and tell me who is more important, big industry, or the millions of people. Although I really don't like the guy, Al sharpton made a decent hit here around detroit and other big citys because he raised issuse that only big citys care about, mainly because he had no chance of winning, so he was the one with the loudest voice.

Back