Uberdata

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Estorvito

Soy Boricua
OK...
I decided to go with Uberdata for my setup..

IM running a 90 civic with a obd1 gsr swap, turbo and 450dsm injectors...

I want to buy the stuff to chip my ecu but dont know where to start.....

WHat exactly do i need to get....I read that pgmfi site but i dont understand shizzzle....
should i get THIS KITand start from there or should i just have someone do it for me...

WHat else do i need after I chip my ecu..I will like to buy everything @ once and get it over with....

Thanks
JoJO

i couldnt understand shit either...

I had nfn1395 or something like that (matt) do it for me. Then when I get it tuned Mark will do it for me.

It's simple but are youo going to tune it by yourself?

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 23 2005, 03:40 PM
i couldnt understand shit either...

I had nfn1395 or something like that (matt) do it for me. Then when I get it tuned Mark will do it for me.

It's simple but are youo going to tune it by yourself?
[post=490588]Quoted post[/post]​

I would like to learn, But for now theres a shop here in buffalo That tunes, and from what I heard, they are preety good.....and cheap....

Theres a guy in a 93 hatch running High 7's with his lsvtec swap n/a and tuned by the shop with uberdata...So i figure they know what they are doing.... <_<

Yea I would like to learn too...

But since you're a beginner I would have someone else do it.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 23 2005, 05:29 PM
Yea I would like to learn too...

But since you're a beginner I would have someone else do it.
[post=490611]Quoted post[/post]​

nahhh..I dont mind fuc*ing sh*t up as long as its mine....lol

anyways..HELP? IM lost.........

:(

yes, buy that kit from moates.net... they're good people. if you don't know how to solder or don't wanna learn just find somewhere local to do it for you... shouldn't cost much. if you're gonna learn to solder... pull apart some old electronics and practice soldering and desoldering on the circuit board 'till you get it down. if you're gonna tune yourself you're also gonna want a chip burner from them and probably a couple more chips. you'll also want to order a wideband o2 sensor of your choice so that you can accurately tune your a/f ratio. do a search for "wideband o2" or something like and do some research. below is a link to the hondata website, under the "tuning guide" are some good techniques that can be used with uberdata. also below is a link to the uberdata forums... there is a lot of good uberdata tuning info... but also a lot of bandwagoning-shit-talking-bullshit... so take some if with a grain of salt.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Apr 23 2005, 08:50 PM
yes, buy that kit from moates.net... they're good people. if you don't know how to solder or don't wanna learn just find somewhere local to do it for you... shouldn't cost much. if you're gonna learn to solder... pull apart some old electronics and practice soldering and desoldering on the circuit board 'till you get it down. if you're gonna tune yourself you're also gonna want a chip burner from them and probably a couple more chips. you'll also want to order a wideband o2 sensor of your choice so that you can accurately tune your a/f ratio. do a search for "wideband o2" or something like and do some research. below is a link to the hondata website, under the "tuning guide" are some good techniques that can be used with uberdata. also below is a link to the uberdata forums... there is a lot of good uberdata tuning info... but also a lot of bandwagoning-shit-talking-bullshit... so take some if with a grain of salt.
[post=490655]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok .....Thanks for that info.....

Now.. I might just have a local shop tune it for me....WHat else do i need for them to tune my shizzzt...other than chiping my ecu?

Now another thing is. If i were to tune it myself, what tools do i need....What do you recommend? Money is not an issue in my case....so...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 23 2005, 09:04 PM
uberdata is for obd1 ecu's. are you planning to do a full obd1 conversion?
[post=490663]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes sir,.....
I rewired my whole car with my old integra wiring harness....WHy? I dont KNow...
I made a thread about it...but no one seemed to G.A.F...lol so my 90 hatch is now obd1, from bumper to bumper.... :D

The only thing im missing now is my cable to hydro conv from hasport that i ordered and of course UBERDATA...

i'd get this chip burner:
http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?products_id=48
and a couple extra chips:
http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?products_id=38

i bought that same chip burner a while ago, it's very inexpensive and i've never had a problem with it or the software. i'd get that stuff just so that you can play around with uberdata, burn some chips and just get some expirence with efi tuning if it's something you're interested in. if you really get into it and want to fully tune your own car, then look into a wideband o2 sensor like i said earlier.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Apr 24 2005, 07:44 PM

i bought that same chip burner a while ago, it's very inexpensive and i've never had a problem with it or the software. i'd get that stuff just so that you can play around with uberdata, burn some chips and just get some expirence with efi tuning if it's something you're interested in. if you really get into it and want to fully tune your own car, then look into a wideband o2 sensor like i said earlier.
[post=490941]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok thanks..Just the info I need it.....I'll order the stuff tonight and let you guys know how everything goes,....
Now I dont need a laptop to burn that chip right...Can I use my PC?

Originally posted by Estorvito+Apr 24 2005, 07:21 PM-->
kylemarhx
@Apr 24 2005, 07:44 PM

Ok thanks..Just the info I need it.....I'll order the stuff tonight and let you guys know how everything goes,....
[post=490951]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by Estorvito@Apr 23 2005, 02:54 PM
Theres a guy in a 93 hatch running High 7's with his lsvtec swap n/a and tuned by the shop with uberdata...

I'm sorry, did you say high 7's 1.8 NA????

I HIGHLY doubt that.

im sorry did you forget about the 1/8th mile????? 1.8 N/A??

I beleive that

Originally posted by Estorvito+Apr 24 2005, 07:21 PM-->
kylemarhx
@Apr 24 2005, 07:44 PM

[post=490951]Quoted post[/post]​

yes, you can use your pc to burn chips, you do not need a labtop. although a labtop is almost nessicary for datalogging which is essential for a good tune. you can read more about it in the uberdata forum i posted a link to earlier.

yes, you can use your pc to burn chips, you do not need a labtop. although a labtop is almost nessicary for datalogging which is essential for a good tune. you can read more about it in the uberdata forum i posted a link to earlier.
[post=493214]Quoted post[/post]​

OK nice....well I got the Uber kit yesterday in the mail..Man, they sent it quick...Now all i have to do is chip it....I'll do that this weekend.... :)

I'm sorry, did you say high 7's 1.8 NA????

I HIGHLY doubt that.

as for you buddie... :p YUP HIGH 7's... Whats wrong with That? :p

Originally posted by driver1@Apr 27 2005, 09:18 PM
im sorry did you forget about the 1/8th mile????? 1.8 N/A??

I beleive that
[post=492239]Quoted post[/post]​

:) You seee! :p

Back