Ufc 100

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'll say this now though, less will NEVER get knocked unconscious. he is too big and strong. he may have a tko or ref stoppage, but that man is a genetic freak.

All Told Lesnar has steam rolled MMA. He has beat everyone he's been put in the cage with,m including beating himself against Mir. He dominated that fight and then he got stupid. Seriously, how does that fight end if when Lesnar knocked Mir down he stood back and said "get up..."?

When they eventually fight, Carwin will beat Lesnar.

Doubtful, Carwin has never been out of the first round. He will not beat Lesnar in the first. Lesnar has fought better competition; Carwin's biggest win is against Gonzaga, Lesnar's biggest win is against a guy who dominated Gonzaga.

Lesnar is younger, has the reach advantage, is faster and arguably stronger. Carwin can't hope to outwrestle the former NCAA champion and the standup is a draw at best for Carwin.

Shane Carwin is a dominant mixed martial artist but Brock Lesnar is a generation or two before his time genetically.

Bisping and St. Pierre are going to need facial reconstruction surgery after Saturday. Lesnar will probably win, but I won't count Mir out.

Crazy.

GSP will make short work of Alves, which is why they have put this fight off for awhile. GSP and Anderson Silva dominate the UFC right now.

Henderson, although I love him, is slipping and doesn't have the same game he once had. Bisping shed all that weight from when he was a fat slob and out of shape. Now he's actually a viable fighter.

Lesnar won the first Mir fight. Unless Mir brings something entirely different, I would be fairly confident that Lesnar wins this fight. He should have won day 1.

you can watch it online, you just have to find the right sites. you may even have to sign up for a membership, but it's out there.

GSP will make short work of Alves, which is why they have put this fight off for awhile. GSP and Anderson Silva dominate the UFC right now.
I think this will be the best fight of the night. They are both technicians. They both train and have cardio like no one else in the sport. GSP has the experience. Alves has the size. He reminds me of Arturo Gatti with the amount of weight he cuts. This plays a huge role. I see this fight going either way, any way. Knockout, TKO, submission, or it could go the distance. I can't wait to see this fight.

Henderson, although I love him, is slipping and doesn't have the same game he once had. Bisping shed all that weight from when he was a fat slob and out of shape. Now he's actually a viable fighter.
This could go either way, but not as exciting. I want Bisping, but I like both fighters.

Lesnar won the first Mir fight. Unless Mir brings something entirely different, I would be fairly confident that Lesnar wins this fight. He should have won day 1.
This will end one of two ways. Mir gets knocked out or Lesnar gets submitted.

Lesnar has the knockout power, no doubt. He is much better than he was in the first fight...

And so is Mir. Mir is nearly back to where he was before his bike accident. He is dangerous. He has two black belts. He doesn't have the knockout power Lesnar has, but he knows the finest details of submissions that Lesnar is just learning how to defend. 90% of the UFC doesn't even train the move Mir used in the first fight, let alone thing of doing it. Mir hit it because it was there.

Both fighters are dangerous in their own right.

This is by far the best card I think UFC has ever had. 3 fights that could go either way.

Why is Mir the BIG underdog? Once they first fought...after 6 seconds (Lesnar goes Berzerker)...he 'looked' like the 'underdog' rigbht away but still got Lesnar in that Knee Bar. How many Submissions did he attempt before that? I say it was about 3-4. Mir ain't just some heavy weight who knows BJJ....he is a certified intelligent bad ass at BJJ who just happens to be about 245lbs. He can pull off a sub in ANY round as Lesnar tries to ground and pound. It only takes one slip up and Mir can capitalize and snap Lesnar's ankle this time.

Why is Mir the BIG underdog? Once they first fought...after 6 seconds (Lesnar goes Berzerker)...he 'looked' like the 'underdog' rigbht away but still got Lesnar in that Knee Bar. How many Submissions did he attempt before that? I say it was about 3-4. Mir ain't just some heavy weight who knows BJJ....he is a certified intelligent bad ass at BJJ who just happens to be about 245lbs. He can pull off a sub in ANY round as Lesnar tries to ground and pound. It only takes one slip up and Mir can capitalize and snap Lesnar's ankle this time.
That was my point with Mir.

To correct myself from earlier though, he only has 1 black belt. Which is in BJJ. Which took him about 5 years to get(which is incredible if you didn't know). His other great accomplishment is that he was a Nevada State Wrestling Champ. It's not a NCAA title by any means, but in the world of MIXED martial arts, Lesnar is at only the slightest of an advantage.

Vaseline Boy......from his fight with BJ Penn

Real Life John Claude Van Dam Look-a-like (yes he's like a real life version) its a joke.....get it?

...size won't be an issue between Alves and GSP. If you didn't realize, GSP is also one of the largest fighters in his weight class. He's huge.

Also, if you think that vaseline made the difference in the BJ fight, you're out of your skull. BJ couldn't contain GSP's strength, which is the true issue when you put two technical fighters in the cage and one is clearly in better physical shape. Tonight should be a war, but GSP will be far better conditioned than Alves for the long run. Just like Sherk, GSP is a cardio freak.

Hard to hold the strongest man in the weight division down or get to a more neutral position when he's got vaseline on his back

Hard to hold the strongest man in the weight division down or get to a more neutral position when he's got vaseline on his back

He was dominated standing up and on the ground.

BJ Penn is talented, but his talent does not make up for the sheer athleticism, power, and own talent of GSP. Penn winning that match was a hope and a dream. He's a much smaller guy.

Thats odd... I distinctly remember Mir was announced as the winner at the end of the fight.

Thats odd... I distinctly remember Mir was announced as the winner at the end of the fight.

Had the first fight not been stopped for blows to the back of the head, despite what Mir claims about being clear and composed at the time, then the end result would have been drastically different.

Lesnar isn't so much better because he has years of experience now. He's the same monster now that we've seen from the start. He's still one dimensional, but that one dimension is a hugely powerful wrestler that grounds and pounds/takes down and holds control.

Back