Ufc 100

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Had the first fight not been stopped for blows to the back of the head, despite what Mir claims about being clear and composed at the time, then the end result would have been drastically different.

Lesnar isn't so much better because he has years of experience now. He's the same monster now that we've seen from the start. He's still one dimensional, but that one dimension is a hugely powerful wrestler that grounds and pounds/takes down and holds control.
Mir was a state champ. In a straight wrestling match, Lesnar all day. But an MMA take down is different. Defending it is different. I said Lesnar has a slight advantage there, but its only slight.

And an arm bar and blows to the head result in the same outcome. Fight is stopped and you win. And this fight will end the one of those ways. Lesnar won't summit Mir and Mir won't knockout Lesnar. But I'm still going with Mir.

Couture just made his pick, it's Lesnar. For anybody who's wondering why that matters: Couture picked Gonzaga to beat Cro-Cop when nobody else gave Gonzaga much of a chance.

If you go back and watch Lesnar's fights you can really see his maturation. He started out over aggressive, learned to calm down against Herring, learned to strike against Couture. I think this time tomorrow we'll be checking BJJ off the list of things he needs to work on.

I also picked Serra to beat GSP the first time around and Bisping to beat Leben. Does that mean my 'picks' is worth a damn when no one gave either fighters a chance in those fights? No... lol

I'm not trying to compare myself to Couture but just because he picked a few fights correctly doesn't make him spot on with his choices. Hell, go back and listen to some fights he's commentating. Goldie or Rogan ask him what should 'so and so' do to win this fight and while he's saying what they 'need' to do, the complete opposite happens. So just because Couture chose Lesnar doesn't make it anymore set in stone. And of course Couture would say Lesnar's going to win. He wants to know he lost to a winner rather than a loser lol.

I got Mir TKO'ing or submitting a gassed out Lesnar (he has good cardio for a man his size but he can't go an entire 5 minute round at a high pace. We all saw that during the Couture fight) in the latter part of the 2nd round but it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Lesnar GnP'ing out a victory within the first two minutes of the fight.

I got Mir TKO'ing or submitting a gassed out Lesnar (he has good cardio for a man his size but he can't go an entire 5 minute round at a high pace. We all saw that during the Couture fight) in the latter part of the 2nd round.

The Lesnar Couture fight was largely fought at a break neck pace for heavyweights. Mir can't replicate Randy's pace, hell Lesnar is both bigger AND FASTER than Mir. I didn't see Lesnar gas at the end of the second round, I saw Lesnar knock out the heavyweight champion of the world...

I hear Mir is showing up in shape this time. I didn't have a chance to see the weigh in yesterday, but my friend said that he was impressed by the shape Mir looked to be in pre-fight.

Mir is a big strong guy as well, but Lesnar's speed, power, and aggression was just overwhelming to Mir's game plan last time. Mir has to make huge changes to his game plan to pull out a second victory here. Unless Mir shows another dimension or another fight strategy, a la Randy Couture who always gets into the cage with a solid fight strategy, I can't help but see Lesnar winning this time.

Anyone who thinks that Alves has a shot against GSP... I can't comprehend that upset happening. Serra was lucky. Any of those guys can knock any other guy out with a clean, well placed blow. They're all professionals and all experienced fighters. I see GSP keeping away from Alves' knees with his kick boxer style kicks, superman punches, or taking the fight to the ground.

Bisping should pick about Henderson's stand up, but Henderson will look to grapple and take things to the mat. If he's successful at grappling with Bisping, the fight will be a slow paced, boring fight.

I've never seen Mir in better shape.
thumbnail_crop.php

My gut tells me Lesnar wins, but I won't be surprised in the least if Mir beats him again. I still have Alves and Henderson winning tonight.

Last edited:
eh, that's what people get for hating on Lesnar. Newsflash, he doesn't do it to be liked and he's not going anywhere so you might as well start liking it. The crowd was so anti Lesnar (and it was Mir's home town to be fair) that they were chanting "stand them up, stand them up" AS Lesnar was finishing Mir.

Between the two rounds they spent close to five minutes on the ground. At no point during that time was Mir even in a neutral stance. It looked like the Herring fight, although quiet a bit shorter.

Mir's technique striking was actually really good, I was impressed.

I think Henderson killed Bisbing, like actual literal death... haha

I think Henderson killed Bisbing, like actual literal death... haha

haha yea.. that flying elbow drop after he was already knocked out was brutal.. haha.. everyone at the house i was at what like "oh damn!"

G.S.P. Had Alves pinned to the ground every round. It went all 5. Couldnt get him to submit. Won by easy unanimous decision.

eh, that's what people get for hating on Lesnar. Newsflash, he doesn't do it to be liked and he's not going anywhere so you might as well start liking it.
Lol why do you get so defensive when it comes to Lesnar? No one was hating on him. Just because people picked Mir doesn't mean they hate Lesnar. I was wrong in my choice, plain and simple. It happens. If you look at my first post, I did say I picked Mir to 'surpise' everyone with a knockout. Turns out I was wrong, more than wrong lol.

You can hear Rampage and those thick English accents in Bispings corner telling him to circle to Hendo's left. Nice way to listen there Bisping :disgust1: If you're not going to listen to your trainers, at least listen to the guy who has a win over your opponent...

Alves just couldn't get off. He looked so scared to let loose. GSP's stand up isn't too overwhelming and he let GSP pick and choose what he wanted to do. GSP's wrestling is off the hinges though...

Lol why do you get so defensive when it comes to Lesnar?

I'm glad you asked

Firstly, that comment wasn't directed at anyone on here, it was more of a response to the crowd last night. If you don't like Brock because he's cocky, or a dick, or you're just not into him because he's so much bigger than anyone else so it seems unfair, then cool.

What isn't cool is this persisting group of MMA fans, a part of the whole, which still see Lesnar as a Pro Wrestler and still liken him to Bob Sapp. Strictly by the numbers, there have been few rises to power as quick as Lesnar's. You've got Tito back in the day, Anderson Silva, GSP (although he took a bit longer), Couture, Royce Gracie, Brock and maybe a couple others who have ever risen to the top of MMA in a quicker or more dominant fashion.

What do all these people except Brock have in common? People jumped on their nuts quick. But, there's still a big portion of the MMA community who haven't accepted Lesnar as a true fighter, and that's just ignorant.

I had this conversation with my Cousin last night, who is a card carrying member of this crowd. His arguments were "He's just a wrestler", "All he did was lay on him", "he's not a fighter", "The Heavyweight division is just weak all around".

It's bullshit, if you don't like him then cool, but give him credit for what he's done. I don't like Koybe Bryant, but I'm not trying to say he doesn't belong in the NBA.

Last edited:
Lol why do you get so defensive when it comes to Lesnar? No one was hating on him. Just because people picked Mir doesn't mean they hate Lesnar. I was wrong in my choice, plain and simple. It happens. If you look at my first post, I did say I picked Mir to 'surpise' everyone with a knockout. Turns out I was wrong, more than wrong lol.
For the record, I still think Lesnar is an asshole. He claims to not respect anyone he has ever fought. It's fine if you don't like anyone, but don't respect? You're a piece of shit. Then flipping off the crowd? Pretty sure you may take Tito's spot on Dana White's shit list.

Mir made a few mistakes. And with anyone that strong, you can't make those mistakes.

You can hear Rampage and those thick English accents in Bispings corner telling him to circle to Hendo's left. Nice way to listen there Bisping :disgust1: If you're not going to listen to your trainers, at least listen to the guy who has a win over your opponent...
Crazy. I've seen knockouts like that, but he was out for a LONG time after. He's going to have to work real hard to recover from that.

Alves just couldn't get off. He looked so scared to let loose. GSP's stand up isn't too overwhelming and he let GSP pick and choose what he wanted to do. GSP's wrestling is off the hinges though...
Alves didn't let loose because of GSP's ability to take him down with ease. Alves will go home and work on his take down defense and he'll be back. And then he'll look more like Chuck Lidell on his feet then a rookie stepping in the ring with one of the sports greats. He and GSP will trade gloves a few more times, no doubt.

I'm glad you asked

Firstly, that comment wasn't directed at anyone on here, it was more of a response to the crowd last night. If you don't like Brock because he's cocky, or a dick, or you're just not into him because he's so much bigger than anyone else so it seems unfair, then cool.

What isn't cool is this persisting group of MMA fans, a part of the whole, which still see Lesnar as a Pro Wrestler and still liken him to Bob Sapp. Strictly by the numbers, there have been few rises to power as quick as Lesnar's. You've got Tito back in the day, Anderson Silva, GSP (although he took a bit longer), Couture, Royce Gracie, Brock and maybe a couple others who have ever risen to the top of MMA in a quicker or more dominant fashion.

What do all these people except Brock have in common? People jumped on their nuts quick. But, there's still a big portion of the MMA community who haven't accepted Lesnar as a true fighter, and that's just ignorant.

I had this conversation with my Cousin last night, who is a card carrying member of this crowd. His arguments were "He's just a wrestler", "All he did was lay on him", "he's not a fighter", "The Heavyweight division is just weak all around".

It's bullshit, if you don't like him then cool, but give him credit for what he's done. I don't like Koybe Bryant, but I'm not trying to say he doesn't belong in the NBA.
Brock rose to the top of a weak heavyweight division. BUT his fight last night proved to me the guy can fight. He took Mir down, neutralized his BJJ by not allowing space when they were on the ground and used a controlled ground and pound. When you are getting hit with "lunchboxes", it doesn't take many shots to inflict crazy amounts of damage. All that being said, I still don't like the guy. But I feel like he'll be a fixture in MMA for awhile.

Mir has to put on some weight but I feel like the two of them will fight at least two more times.

Back