Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Rampage by decision

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Evans by TKO

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Evans by decision

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

but to be honest i dis like them both i just dis like rampage more lol

Lol, Rashad has no dirty boxing skills lol. Hell, his boxing sucks lol. Go watch his fights. He's a horrible striker. Sure, he knocked out Liddell but he tried that over hand right at least 20 times before finally landing it on a slow, sluggish Liddell that was on a down slide.

He gave Sean Salmon a nice head kick but Salmon is like 5'9" lol. He TKO'd Forrest but Forrest himself said he was letting Rashad hit him because he thought Rashad would tire out, he was wrong lol.

Overall, i'm not worried about any striking aspect Rashad is bringing. I'm worried that Rashad is gonna Wall and Stall is way to a decision like Couture did to Vera (even though I still feel Vera won that fight).

Like everyone says, a motivated Rampage is a dangerous Rampage. When he was set to fight Wandy, we all saw how motivated he was to avenge those 2 previous KO's.

All I ask is Rashad not to run like Kalib Starnes lol...

I remember Rashad knocking at lest one if not two people when he was on the Ultimate Fighter.....and no he wont out strike....he will do the wall and stall (this is what I meant by grappling with a little dirty boxing) but there will be at least a half a dozen take downs. But if Rampage is strong and/or quicker feet....they'll never touch the cage and the KO I want will come. But I am not counting out a stupid decision for Rashad if Rampage can't get a hold of him.

Forrest beat (barely) Rampage and Rashad KO'd Forrest....I'm gonna look at the spread now lol

Edit: Even Money!

^Lol... looks like I was the one who underestimated Rashad's wrestling, although, Rampage did stuff most of his takedowns.

I was worried about the wall and stall :(

WTF was Rampage thinking letting Rashad recover?!

Rashad is supposed to get Shogun next but we'll see if Dana would rather have a rematch...

Jackson needed to push it but couldn't, he was tired. Rashad could have lost though, had Jackson landed that uppercut when Evans was going down it would have been game, set, match. But he didn't and Evans recovered.

The winner got Shogun, there will be no immediate rematch

Confirmed? You know Dana likes to change things up based on outcomes of fights. He's already said Rashad might not have gotten that title shot had he not knocked out Liddell the way he did.

Of course it isn't confirmed, confirmed doesn't happen until the contract is inked or the fight is officially announced by Dana. But it isn't in question, they said during the broadcast the winner gets Shogun and NO objective mind would consider the Evans/Rampage decision a controversy. It is Shogun and Evans, you can five star lock it. If I can call the Evan decision victory I can damn well call that. Machida has a better chance of disrupting Evan's title shot then Rampage does.

Last edited:
Of course it isn't confirmed, confirmed doesn't happen until the contract is inked or the fight is officially announced by Dana. But it isn't in question, they said during the broadcast the winner gets Shogun and NO objective mind would consider the Evans/Rampage decision a controversy. It is Shogun and Evans, you can five star lock it. If I can call the Evan decision victory I can damn well call that. Machida has a better chance of disrupting Evan's title shot then Rampage does.
I never said it was a controversy decision. All i'm saying is decision wins aren't exactly what wins over Dana and possibly Joe Silva. I couldn't careless what they said during the broadcast, things change. You make a good call to a fight and now for some reason you think you can call damn near everything :rolleyes:

We all know a big part of match making is if the fight will sell. Anderson Silva never wanted to challenge the LHW belt because of Machida. Now Machida no longer has the belt. After Anderson runs through Sonnen, what do you think will sell more, Anderson-Shogun? Or Evans-Shogun? It's a no brainer. Hell, Evans-Machida 2 or Evans-Rampage 2 would sell better than Evans-Shogun because everyone saw what Machida did to Evans and they feel Shogun would just do it worse to Evans lol. The average fan base is who the match making caters to because they are the majority of the PPV buys and they would rather see exciting fights over "deserved" title shots.

and I can easily debunk your Machida>Evans=Shogun>Machida=Shogun>Evans by reminding you that Forrest Griffen choked out Rua, and then got KTFO by Evans... all those arguments are useless, you have to put them in the cage to see who's better. You sound like me and my friends, when I was 10, talking about Ali vs Tyson probabilities...

Not to mention Silva is in the doghouse with Dana... Evans Vs Rampage was edge of your seat compared to Silva's last fight, Dana isn't giving him the title shot in front of Evans. I know it, the media knows it, Dana said himself the winner for a shot.... I seriously don't know why you can't accept this...

Did I ever say there is no way Evans gets the shot? NO!!! All I said was stop talking like it's a done deal when it's not. There are always thing in the "works" but it's never a certainty. You're talking like you already knew (last night) there was ZERO possibility of another contender for the LHW title. You don't know for certain just because you predicted the outcome of a few fights. I've called fights right on the money as well but that still doesn't mean I go around telling people who's fighting whom next with such certainty.

dude you lose, shut up

you mean to say your entire argument boils down to "well until the fight actually happens, something might occur?" Wow dude, what a bold prognostication...

Lol pretty much yes. Don't get mad because you say 5 star lock it and all this other stupid shit when it's not actually done. I never once said you were wrong. Just saying if you weren't certain, don't talk like you are. Nothing more, nothing less. You called the fight, good for you. Now get over yourself thinking you can see the future.

Dana @ the UFC post fight press conference @ 11:01

"he's (Evans) obviously gonna go on and fight Shogun for the title"

accept that you lost twice, you were clearly implying that you didn't think the title fight would happen, why I have no clue. But there is the word straight from the boss's mouth

The only think I said was that Evans would get a title shot... and that's the truth. You are splitting hairs to preserve some little amount of online pride or something. Sure Evans could blow out a knee, Rua could refuse to fight him and get stripped of the belt, or a fucking meteor could hit Las Vegas... but barring that, it will be the plan going forward.

you sir are a douchebag... you can five star lock it

/thread

Last edited:
I NEVER said he wouldn't, just the what would sell more is the route I felt the UFC would take.

However, I did just see Dana on fanhouse and he did confirm it. So it is done now. What I first saw after the fight was MMA Live and they couldn't confirm it.

I wonder if Shogun's leg kicks will be effective enough since Rashad likes to stay so out of range. Only time will tell now...

Jackson needed to push it but couldn't, he was tired. Rashad could have lost though, had Jackson landed that uppercut when Evans was going down it would have been game, set, match. But he didn't and Evans recovered.

The winner got Shogun, there will be no immediate rematch
Rampage missed three times on the way down. Fight would have been over.

Not going to lie though, the look on Rampage's face on the way in made me nearly crap my pants.

Back