UFC 60 TOnight!!!

UFC 60

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
Two cases of beer and a bottle of Sake: Check
Clean Apartment: Check
DVR ready to record: Check (ARRRRRRGG)
Super fucking large pizza (like massive): Check
Friends: Check

UFC live tonight! Who's gonna win?

Hughes will win. Why? becuase no matter how great Gracie was back in the day, he only fought with people who didnt know what the hell to expect. Hughes knows all about Gracie's game. in fact most all new fighters know what Gracie is all about and could have a much better chance to come out on top.

39 bucks and all my friends that like UFC are either out of town or too far away. fucking eh.

Quoted post[/post]]
Its on PPV?

Always is. unless you're watching the reruns.

yea thats what i thought.

screw that i'm not paying to watch that shit. its awesome and all, but i hate that when you pay all the money for a fight, and one of em will get knocked out in the 1st round or some shit

Quoted post[/post]]
Hughes will win. Why? becuase no matter how great Gracie was back in the day, he only fought with people who didnt know what the hell to expect. Hughes knows all about Gracie's game. in fact most all new fighters know what Gracie is all about and could have a much better chance to come out on top.

You have a good point, when Gracie came in Boxers and Sumo still thought they could go...

But Gracie is amazing even considering that, he has one loss ever, and that came after over an hour of fighting. He beat Akebono, Ken Shamrock, Pat Smith, I could go on. He is the Michael Jordan of MMA, people knew what Jordan was all about, he still won, Gracie will still win IMO

Either way it's going to be a great fight with two competitors I enjoy watching

Hughes all the way...im in total agreement with what was said above, but things have changed since Gracie was in MMA.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

You have a good point, when Gracie came in Boxers and Sumo still thought they could go...

But Gracie is amazing even considering that, he has one loss ever, and that came after over an hour of fighting. He beat Akebono, Ken Shamrock, Pat Smith, I could go on. He is the Michael Jordan of MMA, people knew what Jordan was all about, he still won, Gracie will still win IMO

Either way it's going to be a great fight with two competitors I enjoy watching

whoa whoa whoa. hold up on the michael jordan comparison. Maybe like a wilt chamberlin comparison. gracie fought people who wanted to scrap and he took them down. he did something nobody else could do. there are other people that can do it now. just like people can do what michael did, but he still dominated. chamberlin played against a bunch of 5'6" white guys. he dominated until bill russell came along. gracie hasn't fought anybody worth a damn in forever.

Hughes is just too powerful and too smart to get caught in a submission. Hughes also has a very underrated ground game. But Hughes last pay per view the guy didn't even make weight so it didn't count for shit. Fuck PPV UFC/Boxing/K1 all that. wait for it to come out on DVD.

Whats the point of starting it at 9:30 if they're just going to show the same damn clips over and over... damnit. start fighting!

whos the dude that beat shamrock the other night on Pride? not sure if it was a rerun, i was just flipping through the channels and saw the end where they threw in the towel for Shamrock

i was one of the people that said Gracie would win, obviously i was wrong. I had the thought that it would be an even fight for the most part and Hughes will just make a mistake andGracie would capitalize.

Too bad gracie did the same spin move to try and come out of the side mount that Matt had on him. The first time Matt let it go, then the second he pounced on it, almost like a spider so to speak. Gracie just was retarded in laying himself out, exposing his back, and not defending. But i hope to see gracie back soon with some new techiniques and some new defense so he can deal with the, as Rogan woudl put it, "modern mma fighter".

Favorite fight of the night tho, goes to Spencer, with the knee to the dome. that fancy fuck tried to show boat a little and Spencer took advantage. Their camp does not fuck around, i mean look at who he gets to train with.. Hughes, Silvia, Franklin and more...

Best KO tho.... goes to Melvin Guilliard. Dont think hes some new kid, hello.... 37-6 record as of tonight and he is only 24 or so.. watch for this kid to keep climbing his way to the top. and did anyone else check out his HUGE shoulders and arms.. good god... 155 and he is MONSTEROUS

yeah he's awesome, and a great victory

As for Gracie, ehh I can't say I'm to suprised. When Gracie thrived was when fights weren't called as easy as that one was. Yes Hughes had the mount and was striking, yes Gracie wasn't doing much at the moment. Anyone who saw UFC 7 knows that isn't that big of a deal, and wouldn't have been enough to call the fight back in the day.

I guess if you really want the fight to be what the fans want you need to go back to the old rules, no time limit, no TKO. Submission, KO, or the corner throws in the towel. Did you hear the announcers marking out when Hughes had Gracie in the armbar and Royce didn't even change his facial expression, Crazy!

(I R teh drnk!1!) yeah, Graci got fucked up all around. He didn't adapt his game at all, and just thought he would be ok aganst Hughes how he is. For a while I was thinkng that Hughes wa s being a bit cocky, but he proved himesl. the fight with Spencer was rad though, after the knee, the dude had NO idea what was oging on! i did't see the final of Melvin's fight, and missed the replays bu tit sounded good too. The dude was dominatin. What a beast. :) :drunks: :beer: :beers:

all the fights were awsome, especialy the ones that ended in ko...thats what they get for showboating.

gracie lost , but it was a good first round, matt was the better athlete. but he did survive a punishing arm lock....no tap-out

lol, something tells me even if the fight had been on i wouldnt remember enough about it to talk.

I remember taking a shot (my 10th ish...i kinda lost count) and then i woke up in the bathroom of a different house. God bless Memorial Day WEEKEND!!

Back