1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UFC 76 *spoiler warning*

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by get_nick, Sep 23, 2007.

1. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

So I watched the PPV last night.

Conclusion:

Liddell is old and tired. he can only throw haymakers and knock people out. Jardine isn't that great, but he found a a way to win.

Forrest finally got a submission on a rear naked choke. he's getting better as days go by. too bad he's a fucking bleeder or he could be even better.

Rua is a joke. he came in with no conditioning whatsoever. probably thought he would walk all over forrest. well, forrest embarassed him. he really did. the pride sucks shit compared to the ufc fights. the brazil guys in general aren't doing that well.

Sanchez needs to practice. he was one of my favorites coming out of TUF 1, but he seems to actually be getting worse, or maybe he's fighting better people.

All in all, being one of the original fans of the UFC, it's starting to lose its allure with me. unless it's a big title fight, i don't think i'll be watching it as much as i use to. The only thing i'm really interested in seeing right now is brock lesnar.

2. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Where's the fight card?

3. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

Nick don't get me wrong I don't watch UFC or follow it too much, but I watched it last night, I think Liddell fought horrible but I do think he should have won the first 2 rounds yeah he just lost all of his steam in the 3rd round and looked like he was 65 years old in that ring, maybe he should look into retiring, but hey what do I know (like I said go easy on me I don't follow this too much).
    Also I agree with you about Forrest Griffin I have seen hem fight a few times and when he was on Ultimate Fighter as well.

4. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

man those pride fighters are just dominating the UFC aren't they?

Cro Cop: Hype
    Henderson: Hype
    Rua: Hype
    Jackson: Real

I still have some hope for Wainderlei though, but I think Fedor will flop

5. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

a big part is because they don't train in a cage and they aren't used to defending/using elbows.

Rua flat out pissed me off. Forrest said it himself, he wasn't the first option to fight Rua. All Rua did was get on his knees and put his face in the mat. it was a horrible fight.

6. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

I think you're wrong when it comes to Henderson, the guy has one fight against a bad ass SOB like Rampage and you say he's hype? He gave Rampage a close and technical fight.

You want to talk about hype, what about Heath Herring? Lol, talk about a disappointment. However, the biggest disappointment I must say, has been Cro Cop.

Also, don't forget Anderson Silva is doing great as well.

7. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

That's a good point, I guess I was getting at the point that the Pride guys haven't done any better then the UFC guys.

The pride fighters are generally better strikers, that's why our Van Dam snatch the pebble from my hand-fans on the board think they're so good

The problem is you better grapplers are in the UFC and that's a product of necessity. It's well known that the octagon favors grapplers and UFC fighters have adapted to it. Forrest Griffen isn't known for his Jits, is it any coincidence he choked out a pride fighter?

I actually site training with Couture as the reason for victory for both Griffen and Jardine

8. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

Henderson isn't a natural 205'er, either.

He's certainly the real deal. At 185, he'll tear shit up.

9. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

yeah the word is it feels better to punch a brick wall then Henderson's head, I can't wait to see him fight Silva

10. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

yup, just ask Rampage, I know his left hand wasn't 100% going into the fight but it was still ok and during the fight he tore a few ligaments punching Henderson in the face lol

11. VTEC_CBR

VTEC_CBR Senior Member

Didn't CC break a rib fighting Donkey Kongo?

12. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

Yes. At least one rib.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted