UFC 81 this saturday...Mir/Lesnar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

and ill also continue pointing out the facts of the tape to little fan boys like you, who are too busy sucking on Lesnar's dick, to realize that his existence in the UFC, and MMA in general, is made up of equal parts muscle mass and hype, with little to no skill or talent to back it up... like the fact that he was gassed after 1 minute of the fight... like the fact that the only "skill" he has shown is to explode with a flurry of punches (which by the way is the exact thing that is wearing him out so early in the fight)

Lesnar was just a tool for Dana to make some money off. UFC's marketing attempts worked, as tools like Silver and Burnout were obviously convinced that Jesus was about to enter the octogon.

My own 2c on the fight:
If it were a street fight, with no ref, Mir would have lost. However, Lesnar broke the rules, and Mir got a second chance . . which turned the tide.

Also, Lesnar was only throwing those punches with his arm, not his arm & shoulder. The technique was awful. He probably would have knocked Mir out if he had any clue how to throw a punch.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Guys, I think we're actually going to have to find those old topics and post quotes from them because these two appear to have blocked anything that goes against them out of their memories. :D

No shit lol. "ZOMG WWE WreSTlIn PWNZ MMA". Haha.

Once again, you clearly do not comprehend before you post. ...

Oh? Really? Thats why you have been incapable of comprehending the fact that Lesnar's 1 year of MMA training was NOT enough.

@ Burnout and Silverchild. Will you be so blind as to ignore the truth while it is skull fucking brains out?

EDIT:

I said the following on 3-29-2007. Looks like I was right. Lesnar's wrestling oriented habits contributed to his loss. Joe Rogan brought this up immediately after the fight with Mir, in the center of the ring.

me said:
The fact that he is an NCAA champion only underscores the challenges he has to overcome to adapt to an MMA environment.

He probably has been wrestling most of his life - and therefore, reinforcing the "bad habits" wrestlers learn (i.e. easily giving up the back). One year of training doesnt matter.

Last edited:
This whole thread is retarded

Lesnar wasn't overly winded, consider the pace of the match

Eveyone who has ever worked with Lesnar says that his Cardio is more impressive then his strength, that's his highschool, two colleges, the WWE, All Pro Japan, his MMA trainers, even Sherk said it and he knows cardio

Lesnar didn't have Mir knocked out on his feet either, he was however able to dictate the match and force Mir into whatever position Lesnar wanted.

Lesnar was done in by poor match selection and lack of compsure. I kinda groaned when I heard it was Mir, I was hoping for Kongo. But I thought Lesnar could have won and I was right. He could have. As it stands he has one win and one loss against the guy who will challange next for the UFC HW Title. He's a green fighter who left himself open and got submitted, that's not news.

Now Lesnar can start toward the bottom of the card and work his way up, his strength, wrestling, and cardio are off the charts. A Bob Sapp he is not, what he is however is yet to be determined...

Lesnar was done in by poor match selection and lack of compsure. I kinda groaned when I heard it was Mir, I was hoping for Kongo.

Wait . . i thought he was unbeatable? Isnt that what you said a few months ago (below)?

Well I for one can't wait, we're all just a bunch of asshats arguing on teh interwebs, the truth will be known about Lesner in Jan and I'm banking on a massacre

Thats funny, a few months ago Lesnar was God's gift to MMA, and now that your predictions were obviously wrong you are trying to back peddle.

I never argued that Lesnar could not be good. I only argued that his transition to MMA would not be easy for reasons quoted in my earlier reply.

But I thought Lesnar could have won and I was right. He could have.
Yes, he could have won. In a year, if he rematches Mir, he will probably win.

Again, this all goes back to the entire "Lesnar Needs More Training" argument that you had been ignoring up until this point.

He's a green fighter who left himself open and got submitted, that's not news.
Exactly. Blanco, E, and I had been repeating ourselves since the day you started bringing up Lesnar's supposed "athleticism" as something that outweighs real training and real experience.

Now Lesnar can start toward the bottom of the card and work his way up.
This is what should have happened. I bet a lot of other fighters are pissed that some WWE wrestler gets to walk into the UFC for tons of money, only to lose a title fight in 1:30.

but on the other side claiming Lesnar got "owned" which is what you guys were saying isn't eactly correct either

I think this pic tells a pretty good story as to how close Lesnar actually came to putting him away

brockufc81.jpg

but on the other side claiming Lesnar got "owned" which is what you guys were saying isn't eactly correct either
Oh my god. Give it up. He lost. I also never stated that he got "pwned". Quote me before putting words into my mouth.

I think this pic tells a pretty good story as to how close Lesnar actually came to putting him away

brockufc81.jpg

Haha. Are you serious?

Diesel-V.JPG

Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

who said he got "owned"???????
beat???? :yes:
owned???? :no:

all I know is I expected Mir to win...only because Lesnar is more of a stand up fighter...he needs to focus on his submission techniques and then he will go far in the UFC. Although I still stand my ground on not wanting to take a punch from Lesnar.

Lesnar is more of a stand up fighter....
out of this whole thread, i think this is the most inaccurate statement of them all. how do you figure he is a "stand up fighter"?

Sure owned himself. ...the fact that Mir thought the fight was called and that he didn't get up and object to this, when the ref stopped the fight, just goes to show where the fight was headed until an idiotic stoppage. Watch every other fight, a fighter gets a warning for a blow to the back of the head, Lesnar they stop the whole damn fight, that he was going to close out on, and restart them in a standing position.

I'm really not quite sure what the hell fight most of you watched. Look at Lesnar and look at Mir when the ref stops the fight, both fighters are confused and weren't sure if the match was called because Mir was no longer able to intelligently defend himself.

Sure owned himself. ...the fact that Mir thought the fight was called and that he didn't get up and object to this, when the ref stopped the fight, just goes to show where the fight was headed until an idiotic stoppage. Watch every other fight, a fighter gets a warning for a blow to the back of the head, Lesnar they stop the whole damn fight, that he was going to close out on, and restart them in a standing position.

I'm really not quite sure what the hell fight most of you watched. Look at Lesnar and look at Mir when the ref stops the fight, both fighters are confused and weren't sure if the match was called because Mir was no longer able to intelligently defend himself.
Sorry but you would be confused too as to what the fuck just happened after you got pounded in the BACK of the head by someone as powerful as Lesnar, THREE times. Go ahead and watch it again, Mir took repeated blows, not just one. And if it was standard to first get a warning don't you think every fighter would do something illegal to get an 'edge' on the fight seeing as how a warning would be first expected?

I don't care what Lesnar did during the fight, bottom line is he LOST! End of story. Does he have a bright future in MMA and the UFC? hell yeah he does, but as of right now, no excuse you give will put a win in the win column for Lesnar.

And yes, when a set up for a submission is that telegraphed and you don't do anything to try and avoid it, you owned yourself...

Just keep spinning it until you come out on top, right? God I wish I would've bet you, just so you'd be even that much more butt-hurt by not only losing money but losing it to me. :lmao:

Yeah I am starting to wish I took that bet as well.

Lesnar was obviously the better fighter, too bad he is still a n00b.

Sorry but you would be confused too as to what the fuck just happened after you got pounded in the BACK of the head by someone as powerful as Lesnar, THREE times. Go ahead and watch it again, Mir took repeated blows, not just one. And if it was standard to first get a warning don't you think every fighter would do something illegal to get an 'edge' on the fight seeing as how a warning would be first expected?

I don't care what Lesnar did during the fight, bottom line is he LOST! End of story. Does he have a bright future in MMA and the UFC? hell yeah he does, but as of right now, no excuse you give will put a win in the win column for Lesnar.

And yes, when a set up for a submission is that telegraphed and you don't do anything to try and avoid it, you owned yourself...

Watch the fight. Two are the side of the head which is legal, one is the back of the head.

And it is common procedure to give a warning. Did you not watch the rest of the night of fights or have you not ever watched the UFC? I forget which fight it was but earlier in the night a fighter was warned.

Its very uncommon to have the first warning be a point deduction unless it was a flagrant misconduct.

Mir got hit the back of the head three times by a gorilla with no control. What the hell did you expect the response to be? I'm pretty sure that Mir was still feeling the effects of the illegal blows and honestly surprised that he beat the big ol' boy so easily. Lesnar was probably trying to figure out how he lost with so many obvious advantages.

Just keep spinning it until you come out on top, right? God I wish I would've bet you, just so you'd be even that much more butt-hurt by not only losing money but losing it to me. :lmao:

Your breath stinks because you talk out of your ass.

You didn't take the bet because you weren't confident enough in your decision - if it were a sure bet, anyone would have taken it.

Fact is Mir *SHOULD* have lost. He didn't and I would have lost my money, but the smart money was on Lesnar.

Watch the fight. Two are the side of the head which is legal, one is the back of the head.

And it is common procedure to give a warning. Did you not watch the rest of the night of fights or have you not ever watched the UFC? I forget which fight it was but earlier in the night a fighter was warned.

Its very uncommon to have the first warning be a point deduction unless it was a flagrant misconduct.
Everyone saw him get hit in the back of the head multiple times. I don't give two rat shits how uncommon or common a call is, it's the referee's decision. He's the ref, you're not, he saw something that the rest of the world saw that you didn't, end of story.

Stop trying to defend Lesnar's loss, it's like you're getting upset that your baby's daddy lost. Don't get your thong in a bunch just because everyone is pretty much saying 'I told you so.' Lesnar has the talent to do great things, no ones debating that, but that fact that you keep talking about how he almost did this, almost did that, is getting annoying.

So who's coming down the stairs to agree with you this time to laugh at my post? or Blanco's post? or cash's post? or E's Post? or Nick's post? or silver's post?...

Okay, so you go from the facts which you clearly have wrong to this being an issue of whether or not I wanted Lesnar to win.

Read back a few posts. I wanted Mir to win because this was his last real shot in the UFC to get the title back and regain some fame. I feel for a guy who was hit on a motorcycle, by a guy who ran a red life, and had his career and livelihood put on hold.

Two of the shots were the side of the head, the one was clearly a hammer fist to the back of the head.

I will likely disagree with 99% of the people on here about MMA information because clearly this isn't a forum based entirely on MMA and this is clearly why most people here have made uneducated posts - they don't know their ass from a hole in the wall. Just as you didn't understand how odd it was to have a point deducted and be stood up and restarted without a warning. I don't think I've ever seen that happen. Then again, Herb Dean allowed a guy who was knocked out, when he was thrown to the mat and hit his head, to be pounded on for quite awhile before he called the fight.

Long story short, it was a terrible stoppage at a pivotal point of the fight.

I will likely disagree with 99% of the people on here about MMA information because clearly this isn't a forum based entirely on MMA and this is clearly why most people here have made uneducated posts

Hahaha FAILLLL. Lol as if you knew ANYTHING about MMA. . .you dont know jack shit. You prove this every time you open your mouth.

Besides, if you are so fucking smart, then why do you say stupid shit like this: (See below)

I'll publicly put $250 on Brock Lesner winning his next fight, without knowing his next opponent.

Burnout, you are an idiot.

Back