UFC 81 this saturday...Mir/Lesnar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mir got hit the back of the head three times by a gorilla with no control.

here's the footage, I count one hit, mayyyyyyybe two if you wanna be real liberal about it

Mazagai's responce in a recent interview was that he took the point because he had already warned Lesnar before it happened, which isn't usually how it works

fjnmz4_732.gif

not saying Lesnar didn't do it, but it probably only should have garnered a warning

From that, I guess it wasn't three but I clearly count two. It goes back of the head, side of the head, then the back again.

Total - It's funny how the people who disagree with you 'know nothing' about MMA... your the master at everything we disagree on :thumbsup:

yeah the first one was the one I was questioning

he goes to hit the side, Mir turns his head, Lesnar's arm kinda wraps around and makes contact with the back of his head

I don't thiink it was an intentional strike or particularly effective

yeah the first one was the one I was questioning

he goes to hit the side, Mir turns his head, Lesnar's arm kinda wraps around and makes contact with the back of his head

I don't thiink it was an intentional strike or particularly effective
Oh definately. I don't think Lesnar did it on purpose. I just think the stoppage was legit.

Who do you guys think they would put Lesnar up against next? My guess would be Cro Cop. Maybe even Tim Silvia but then again they might throw someone interesting in the mix like Brandon Vera or Arlovski, if he loses his upcoming fight. IDK, the HW division is just so shallow right now...

yeah I didn't want Lesnar fighting Mir first, neither do i want him pairing with Arlofski or Vera really

Congo
Cro Cop
Sylvia

if they want Lesnar to win his next fight and build some experience those are reasonably locks for victories

yeah I didn't want Lesnar fighting Mir first, neither do i want him pairing with Arlofski or Vera really

Are you serious?

6 months ago you couldnt spit Lesnar's dick out of your mouth . . are you now changing your mind and admitting you were wrong about your predicted "massacre"?

From that, I guess it wasn't three but I clearly count two. It goes back of the head, side of the head, then the back again.

Total - It's funny how the people who disagree with you 'know nothing' about MMA... your the master at everything we disagree on :thumbsup:

So now its funny that when Silver posts the fucking gif that proves my point, that somehow the issue becomes something else?

Clearly. You really nailed me down on that point.
You wouldn't come here for educated health advice, would you? Of course you wouldn't. Why then would you believe that a bunch of armchair analysts and people who haven't seen the inside of the gym, would have opinions that are well formed and expert in the MMA world?

I don't come on here and start talking about HIIT training or Zone training and aspect anyone to understand the principles. Cash is about the only person that has actually dabbled in MMA and frankly he's been on ignore for the last few months because he's as dumb as a brick sometimes.

So now its funny that when Silver posts the fucking gif that proves my point, that somehow the issue becomes something else?

Clearly. You really nailed me down on that point.
You wouldn't come here for educated health advice, would you? Of course you wouldn't. Why then would you believe that a bunch of armchair analysts and people who haven't seen the inside of the gym, would have opinions that are well formed and expert in the MMA world?

I don't come on here and start talking about HIIT training or Zone training and aspect anyone to understand the principles. Cash is about the only person that has actually dabbled in MMA and frankly he's been on ignore for the last few months because he's as dumb as a brick sometimes.
Proves what point? Do you even know how to fucking read? You kept saying he only got hit ONCE!!! everyone agrees that he got hit more than one time in the back of the head so the stop was legit. That was the arguement the whole time. I swear to god you are the dumbest fucking person sometimes.

Why has Cash been on ignore? because he's right and is going against everything your 'saying' is right. You talk about this isn't an MMA forum and all kinds of other stupid shit yet you expect us to assume YOU know what your talking about? You're going against your own arguement... Fuck, i'm sold, where do I sign?

Are you serious?

6 months ago you couldnt spit Lesnar's dick out of your mouth . . are you now changing your mind and admitting you were wrong about your predicted "massacre"?

back to the well eh?

I was still thinking Lesnar would win, even if I didn't predict it a week before the fight

when I predicted the massacre Mir hadn't won the fight before Lesnar yet, either way while I though Lesnar would win Mir wasn't who I wanted him debuting against

:lmao:

Well, atleast Silver admits his prediction is wrong.

Probably couldn't throw a round kick to save his life. :D

that's hardly an indication, 99.9% of all people I've ever met who know how to properly chamber, execute, and rechamber a round kick couldn't actually fight their way out of a wet paper sack...

that's hardly an indication, 99.9% of all people I've ever met who know how to properly chamber, execute, and rechamber a round kick couldn't actually fight their way out of a wet paper sack...

Thats probably because they learned it in Karate. The Roundkicks you see in MMA are thai style, not karate style roundkicks.

Watch some thai boxing vids on youtube . . those kicks are not chambered, they are smooth and un-telegraphed. Thats because they start in the hip, not the leg.

Karate Kicks incorporate chambered motions that are easy to defend against, particularly because they are easy to see coming and do not have the person's full body weight behind them . . making them weak against a fighter of similar proportions (aka in their weight class).

Ahahahha @ a round house kick to save his life.

Because THAT has some real world application! I know, you practice a pretty art form. Practicality? Who needs that.

B16 - you, and at least one or two other fools said he was hit in the head 3 times for the stoppage. Its a bad stoppage because 1) there was only one direct blow, the first shot was a glancing blow that skidded off of Mir's head and he turned, the hammer fist was the only real direct punch 2) the ref immediately stopped the fight and restarted the fight ON ITS FEET, rather than from the dominant position Lesnar was in 3) fights are never stopped that soon after a warning and 4) points are rarely, rarely ever taken without a sufficient amount of warning. He warned and then didn't give Lesnar a real chance to correct himself.

...but hey, back to "he hit him in the head multiple times" instead of the definitive 3 shots that you ass clowns were positive about not more than a page back. Its great to back pedal.

If behind the ear is the back of the head, then he definitely "connected" 3 times to the back of Mir's head.

If behind the ear is the back of the head, then he definitely "connected" 3 times to the back of Mir's head.

Watch the gif.

I see the hammer fist going directly to the back of the head. Another punch that virtually misses connecting at all and just grazes across the back with a finger, after Mir moved his head - which was no fault of Lesnar. The other shot is basically on the ear.

Back of the head = back of the head. They don't want people hitting the top of the spinal column because the top of the spinal cord and the first vertebrae are imperative to basic bodily functions and also not very well protected from direct blows.

Its hard to explain to someone if they don't watch these fights all the time, how bizarre it was for a ref to warn, stop, deduct a point, and restart the fighters all in a split second.

Its fine, its how the match went - but just not how I think it should have called. I already probably up the point earlier that I thought Herb Dean stopped a fight way too late, earlier in the night.

There's going to be good calls and bad calls, I just feel had the call went the other way Mir would be curled up in a ball and out of it.

Mir is one of the best fighters in the heavyweight class.
Lesnar will prove my point that he's a force to be reckoned with, once again in his next fight.

Thats how it boils down.

The shot that look like it missed most likely still hurt him, as you can see his head jerk from the hit. I agree that there shouldn't have been a point deducted(unless Lesnar was indeed warned prior), but I believe it was correct for the ref to step in.

The shot that look like it missed most likely still hurt him, as you can see his head jerk from the hit. I agree that there shouldn't have been a point deducted(unless Lesnar was indeed warned prior), but I believe it was correct for the ref to step in.

I would agree that a glancing blow from a huge guy would probably still leave one feeling rocked, but its just unprecedented the way the warned, stopped the fight, deducted the point, and restarted the fight on its feet.

There will be plenty more fights for Lesnar to quiet the naysayers.

Thats probably because they learned it in Karate. The Roundkicks you see in MMA are thai style, not karate style roundkicks.

Watch some thai boxing vids on youtube . . those kicks are not chambered, they are smooth and un-telegraphed. Thats because they start in the hip, not the leg.

Karate Kicks incorporate chambered motions that are easy to defend against, particularly because they are easy to see coming and do not have the person's full body weight behind them . . making them weak against a fighter of similar proportions (aka in their weight class).

I understand the difference between Ball of Foot, Top of foot round kicks and kickboxing style roundhouse kicks which use more of the shin thank you very much.

The same still applies; 99% of all martial artists, especially the "you don't understand the true art" people, get owned in fights and are generally regarded as nerds looking for respect via martial arts

Back