UFC VS Pride

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It was good to see Matt get the win tonight.
TUF has nothing to do with my thread damnit!!! j/p lol I saw it too...Shonie caught his ass with that spinning back fist again lol fucking classic...too bad he was too tired to try and capitalize on Matt. I wanna see if Serra can take the belt from Sherk...should be a good fight if Matt wins this TUF Tourney.

God damn that was a boring fucking match. I wasn't sure if they were fighting or having foreplay. For two people with something to prove, they were both giant pussies. Espeically with Serra talking about how he's not afraid to get in the ring and get knocked out. Bah. Less Mixed and more Martial Arts. I was more entertained by tonight's South Park. But hey, some good matches before that. That one dude got knocked the fuck out, folded in half, and landed on his face. And another dude got that flying knee kick to the dome.

Anyway, back on topic. :D
Well what did you expect? Matt Serra is a jiu-jitsu guy...watching jiu-jitsu is boring as it is lol that's why I hate watching any of the Gracie fights...not saying that the Gracie's suck just that they don't provide the entertainment i'm looking for. Except Royce did entertain me when Hughes was whoopin' his ass :lol:

Now back to my actual topic...anyone know what the average pay rate is for a UFC fight and a Pride fight?

TUF = the ultimate fighter. it is UFC ;)

oldschool ufc didnt have any rules. no gloves, no weight classes, no holds barred. when they were forced to be sanctioned like boxers is when they got all the rules.

old ufc did have rules. if you wore shoes, no kicking.

i thought they CHOSE to be sanctioned so they could get on public tv and have more fights around the country?

well dana bought it and then they became sanctioned. they were catching alot of heat at the time so yeah they prolly wanted to.

you used to be able to pull up the fight cards with how much each person is able to win. its not a whole lot.

forest griffon i think was getting paid like 17k per fight, i dont remember any others.

just look at TuF, they give them 100k year long contracts, but then they fight multiple times per year.

in pride they make 6 figures a fight.

well dana bought it and then they became sanctioned. they were catching alot of heat at the time so yeah they prolly wanted to.

you used to be able to pull up the fight cards with how much each person is able to win. its not a whole lot.

forest griffon i think was getting paid like 17k per fight, i dont remember any others.

just look at TuF, they give them 100k year long contracts, but then they fight multiple times per year.

in pride they make 6 figures a fight.
Exactly, most of them get paid more by their sponsors. That's why after a fight you'll always see them immediately thrown on a hat and shirt of whoever is sponsoring them.

Back