ugh... again... really?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so i think my cars gonna have to be torn apart AGAIN, 2 things wrong, the timing belt wont stay on all the way, it moves over with about 1/3 to 1/2 hanging off the pulley so its getting worn VERY quickly... could that be tensioner? or what else?

also, i think i have to pull the head off and get it checked and probably machined because when i start it when its hot it runs rough for a minute then smooths out and theres smoke coming out the exhaust like there was when my head gasket blew, one of my buddies said to have the head machined because his mini-me swap did the same thing and it was letting some coolant into the cylinders, is this the most likely cause?

yes, if your tensioner is not tighetned, with some tension, the belt will walk.
ask me how i know....

yes, if your tensioner is not tighetned, with some tension, the belt will walk.
ask me how i know....

how do you know? :ph34r:

but the thing is its not moving at all, i can push it all the way back, then as soon as i crank it it moves back to the place it was before... it just stays there... and its wearing out my timing belt fast

i got it fixed now, it was a washer on the bottom pulley that was on the wrong side, i had 2 on the backside and needed one on each... and its fine now

Back