Ughhh

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So didnt make it to get it scanned...however I dont even know where to start now. I was trying to make it to work tonight and It acted like it was about to die the entire time. I couldnt run my headlights or anything. My tach dropped and would not work. If the rpms dropped down it would spit and sputter and try to die. Does this sound like a wire is grounding out or would you suggest a alternator? Battery is brand new so I know its not that.

well it could be a bad ground or alternator double check the ground on the battery. does it do this in the day time with no lights or radio on

Check your
transmnission ground
engine ground
ground found above and close to your VSS.

check the voltage on your VSS...electronic right?
test your alternator
check all fuses

do these things and see what you find. :)

Well it has never done it this bad before...it is really bad this time...it completely died on me. But I roll started it about 3 hours later and it acted fine...i was worried to try to turn anything on tho. Im hoping its just the alternator. even tho they are in a very inconvenient location on a b18b1 lol. But that is better than it grounding out from the ecu tho.

How do i check the voltage on the vss? The engine ground is good. I am thinking of replacing it with a thicker gauge wire tho.

Well now its round 2. I am pretty sure I hate this car. So the alternator fixed the issue for about a day. Tonight when I started the car, the check engine light is now back on and the speedo quit working. Headlights are dim and my cig lighter charger will not charge my iphone. Idk what to do. If the Check engine light is on I am going to get it scanned tomorrow. Also going to put some 4 gauge grounds on it. After that if this dont fix it I am burning the POS.

My alternator belt is pretty tight. If the car drops down to about 1500 rpms It starts squealing. I do not know if this could cause my problems or not, however I am going to loosen it up a little.

Today it is fine. The check engine light is not on. It only comes on at certain times. I know it wont throw codes unless the check engine light is on. I do not know when I can have it scanned. For instance I went today, on my way the check engine light was on. But when I shut it off in the parking lot I started it again to make sure it would come back on. And it wouldnt. I shut if off and started it several times. I havent had it come back on since I left there, but I know the problem did not fix its self.

Yeah, it comes on every now and then but not all the time. Day or night.

I just replaced the alternator. I will check it on a meter again tomorrow to make sure it is reading correctly.

also I bought some 4 gauge wire today. Gonna replace my grounds tomorrow and loosen up the belt. There is only about a 1/4 to a 1/8th of an inch of play in the belt. Should it be that tight? I know the manual says there should not be more than a inch of play, but can the belt be to tight? It will squeal if I let the RPMs drop down to about 1200 or under.

most of the time if it throws a code the ecu will store it even if the check light is not on

So for some reason they can not scan my ecu. I went to 3 places today. All of them got an error. They cant even pull the data of the motor. Idk what to do now.

Back