uh oh, oil on my plugs and wires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
situation:
i have a 1992 civic vx. 165,000 miles. stock motor. so my car bogs every once in a while. i will be driving and it will just stop accellerating. kinda like du du du vrooooom. it stutters then picks right up. it doesn't do it a lot, but maybe once every 4 or 5 minutes. it's really annoying.

what i tried to do:
so i tried replacing the fuel filter, plugs and all the tune up stuff. didn't work. and when i pulled the plugs out, there was oil on the plugs and wires of the two center plugs.

what is the deal?

the spark plug grommets are gone just buy a valve cover gasket SET and replace them and youll be set...and replace the valve cover gasket also cause u have to take it off to change them and u have to buy it to get them

Make sure you replace the plug wires also. I was taught that the oil isn't exactly good for them.

it bogs down a little when you first take off... it sounds like your fuel pressure.. my car did that.. fuel pressure was way to high

Wait...does it start vibrating and losing power as you get on the gas while driving? If it does it might be your catalylitic converter if you have one.

I had the stock 92 cx whith the front mounted cat and it got plugged really bad and would start doing that while driving.

Quoted post[/post]]
Wait...does it start vibrating and losing power as you get on the gas while driving? If it does it might be your catalylitic converter if you have one.

I had the stock 92 cx whith the front mounted cat and it got plugged really bad and would start doing that while driving.

I was thinking that to. I haven't had much of a chance to look at it. i have been spending too much time at work. but it just bogs for a second it's like, du du du vrooooom. then it takes off like normal.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

I was thinking that to. I haven't had much of a chance to look at it. i have been spending too much time at work. but it just bogs for a second it's like, du du du vrooooom. then it takes off like normal.

also a malfunctioning O2 sensor will do this.

Back