Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 days

• I give him credit; 1 week

• I'm a moron, I say 1 mo

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey Mike, i wanna see your new car!!! maybe take me for a ride or go drifting!!!!!

Originally posted by Blanco@Sep 20 2005, 07:02 AM
Take your time with it and really learn what you're doing before you open it up...even once.
[post=556979]Quoted post[/post]​

lol the first time i rode a bike i opened it up all the way and dam near shit my pants lol

GET GEAR.

if i hear of you ridiing without a helment, jacket and gloves, i'll e-bitch slap you with a pancake

:werd:
be safe man

so what bike is it that you're getting?
and do you have any experience riding?

and uh... life insurance policy so your rents don't have to foot the bill if something does happen... and make sure your medical is covered by your motorcycle insurance... and i mean serious medical, no 10K bullshit...

due to the new bankrupcy laws if you wreck, have a hospital stay of 1 year, and a 4000000000K tab, you'll be working it off the rest of your life... no more declaring bankrupcy to eliminate medical debt...

400k for a YEAR? lmao. maybe at some clinic.

a basic crash that makes you do an overnight or two days in the hospital, a couple broken bones, and an ambulance ride will cost you about 150k.

I'm getting a helmet, jacket, and gloves with the bike...and I've ridden before, I've never owned a bike but I've done a good amount of riding in the past.

The bike I'm looking at right now is an 01 Yamaha R6. I talked to the dude for around 3 hours last nite, and everything seems legit. I'm going down to Houston this weekend to ride it, and give the dude a deposit so he doesn't sell it.

Don't be stupid.. Best advise I can give you..

Don't do stupid things.

And watch out for everything else on the road. People have NO respect for bikes, they will try to run you over.. take your lane away, cut you off, slam on their brakes right in front of you.. Its everyone else that you have to worry about. I find that riding a bike down the freeway is like playing frogger.

We had a group of 5 people with bikes. One friend died.. we all were like whoa... Then another died.. then another... There were only two of us left, and my friend sold his bike and mine is for sale, although I do still ride it now and again. (probably once a week)...

One of the friends was being stupid and died. The other two were doing everything right and died anyway. all three were wearing helmets, btw.

**edit**

a few afterthoughts, things people have told me that seem to be very true.

Its not IF you wreck, its WHEN you wreck and HOW BAD.

If you ever lose your respect/fear for the motorcycle, sell it.

If you get on a bike, and have a really bad feeling, get off and drive. I don't know if that actually helps, but I've always followed it, and I'm alive.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 20 2005, 07:49 AM
houston this weekend = t3h own4g3 by r1t4 :p
[post=557020]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

I voted a week.... :lol:

On a serious note...when you die...say hi to my uncle in heaven...he was ran over when he was on his bike...say 34 years ago..right before I was born...and his name was Clayton...I was named after him when I was born.

Granted...Bikes are good...they have their advantages.....like good gas milage, quik trip from point A to point B, meets with other bike groups, they are fast and fun, can go anywhere, and on a closed curcuit they can be used for some really fun times...

But normal driving....they suck...no real tunes, unless you have the helmet wired, no place to haul a few bags of concrete, bad weather they are useless...unless you like showing up to work in wet clothes, and GF's hate getting their makeup wet....June bugs hurt....and other drivers don't care that your right behind them....because they cant even see you....

Bike IMHO...should be a fun toy for nice sunny weakends...something to go out and have some fun with...but at the prices they want for a decent bike these days....its just a toy that most of us don't have the cash for. If you can afford it and want it...good for you, JUST BE SAFE!!!.....and no posts in a week saying your in a hospital please.... ;)

Shoulda held out for the Aprilia RSV1000. That's what now, who knows? $22,000 ?

when i used to race quads and dirtbikes... did lots of enduros, then graduated to street bikes.

my father used to say: there are 2 types of riders. those who are going down, and those that have gone down.

you are really never afraid till you've gone down. its not a good feeling losing your bike at a high speed. hell even in the trails it hurts, alot.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Sep 21 2005, 10:33 AM
when i used to race quads and dirtbikes... did lots of enduros, then graduated to street bikes.

my father used to say: there are 2 types of riders. those who are going down, and those that have gone down.

you are really never afraid till you've gone down. its not a good feeling losing your bike at a high speed. hell even in the trails it hurts, alot.
[post=557666]Quoted post[/post]​

I crashed a bike once.. I was 15 years old, and picked up an 81? Yamaha 650 special. Bought it for something like 150 bucks. I worked on it a while and got it running (had been sitting in a field for like 3 years)

Anyway, I was going down a dirt road at about 50 mph, when, out of nofrickinwhere, the front brakes locked up. So I went into a skid, but I held on for dear life.. I rode that bastard until the front bit enough to raise the back end of the bike off of the ground, then I launched myself over the handlebars and came to a running stop. I was like OMFGOMFGOMFG.. then the bike slid up behind me and hit me in the back of the legs, taking them out from under me. I immediately sold the bike to some jackass who never paid me. (was a friend of a friend)... I hope he died on it.

Another funny motorcycle story..

One of my friends was cruising down the highway at something like 140mph, when he cought a fat ass dragonfly, right in the throat.. Said he almost crashed the bike.. pulled over and stopped immediately.. Thought he was going to choke to death.. He ended up with a baseball sized bruise right at the base of his throat. :D

[/funny]

ps.. That friend is dead now.. A lady pulled out right in front of him, so he layed his bike down, and a jackass that was behind him was following too closely.. Ran him over and his broken ribs ripped through most of his major organs.. He died about 20 minutes later. (he was doing the speed limit at the time, the cop that saw the incidend verified it)

my dad owned a bike when he was in college and literally rode year round in all weather. he went to sam houston state in huntsville

'year round weather' in East Texas is 'Warm, with rain every few months'

lol

Back