uhhh, yeah?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pulled the d16y7 out, and I went to the Honda dealership today, the closest one is 1hr 30min from me, to order the motor mounts i was told needed to mount my b18b in a 97 hatch. So i went and ordered the 2 most important motor mounts i was told i needed. The rear T mount, and the timing belt mount. The rear t mount was like $51, the timing belt mount like $63. They are on special order, and no returns and should be here by thurs or friday. Anyway, i was a little curious and after i got home I cleaned the engine bay and dropped the motor in. The Top passenger trans mount worked right off the civic trans, and the timing belt mount worked perfectly. With only those 2 mounts in and a jack under my motor is 100% straight and plenty of clearance for everything else. Is there something im missing here, or did i just waste $63 on a non-refundable part? Thus far the only mounts i see i really need are the trans and motor torque mounts, and the rear t mount. The timing belt mount (bolts to the block) that came on my b18b bolts up perfect.

wMTE2MTY5NTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Back