UK F20 to H22 4th genertion prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

humphreyz

hi before you all say , i have searched but didnt get very far because of all the negitive things people were saying for asking a perfectly good question so.........
i have a Uk prelude s with a the F20 sohc unit and want to do a swap for a H22 unit
the car has not got 4WS or A/C
things i need to know

is it a straight swap ?
do i need different engine mounts ?
what wiring harness do i need ?
what ecu ?
what axels are needed ?

and anything else i will need to know ?

would be very greatfull for any positive feedback
thanks guys
Stu :mrgreen:

never done the swap into an F-series prelude, but i think you can use the mounts that come with the H22 and then the F-series tranny bracket (I ASSUME thats what you do, but not 100%). Just alter your current harness to match the engine and then hook it up to a P13 ECU. You need the axles from a Prelude si (h23) or Prelude VTEC (h22) to complete the swap.

As i said, im not POSITIVE about the mounts, but im pretty sure thats what it takes.

Your swap would be pretty simple. You'd have to use your stock engine harness. I doubt if the plugs would be the same, but you could check when the motor comes.

You'd probably need a DOHC prelude power steering hose.

I don't know if you'd need axles and such, especially if you are keeping the original tranny.

That is a bolt up engine swap, with the exception of wiring, exhaust, and powersteering hose. It's a good swap to do. You can refer to the Accord swap articles for reference, since they also have F-series motors. Instructions would be quite similar.

i wouldnt be using my original tranny i would be using the H22 trans and why does the hose need to be swapped
thanks Stu

im assuming because the H22 puts the ps pump in a different location, but this is definitely tabs area of expertise...

right nearly ready , so can i use my F axels with the H22 trans and engine ?

I believe your old axles will work if you are going from manual to manual, or auto to auto. However, I've heard that the intermediate shaft is different. Either way, the axles aren't that spendy.

The DOHC hose has a slightly different connector at the pump, and the hose is a little longer. You could splice the ends if you get the H22 end with your swap, but a lot of shops won't do it. That is a high pressure hose, so the liability is high, and you don't want to do it yourself.

Honda DOHC hose, $140 new.

Back