1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uk Swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Uk Civic, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Uk Civic

Uk Civic Junior Member

i am from the uk and have wanted for ages to drop a b18c engine into my 92 hatch. The only problem is i have searched for ages trying to find a company here that will supply me with everything (like the places in the states) i need to complete it properly. The problem is that there is nobody like that! So it looks like i am going to have to get the parts seperatly! Can somebody tell me exactly what i will need please, as i want to start collecting the pieces as soon as possible! My car is a 92 civic 1.5 lsi hatchback.
    Many thanks!

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Read up :)

3. h1coupe

h1coupe Member

i have the same type honda you´ve got:) i live in ICELAND, and i´m putting a b16a2 motor in mine! good luck with your swap:)
    it ain´t easy finding places in europe that have anything for us:(

4. Uk Civic

Uk Civic Junior Member

Tell me about it mate! its a nightmare! Trouble is i dont want to get stuck into it and find i am missing parts! we will have to keep in touch to c how each other is getting on! Good luck!

5. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

czech out the RDM y0!

:huh:

you couldnt jus get like a jdm b18 or somethin, and use your stock wiring harness on it? i dunno...i dont know dick about EDM

6. h1coupe

h1coupe Member

our cars are much like the jdm versions if not the same but we did not get the sir-II 170hp version.
    UK Civic i agree let´s keep in touch, we can maybe help each other out with our problems;) go Europe hehe.
    have you got msn? my msn is gappabarn@hotmail.com if you wanna chat!

7. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

But Europe did get the 1.6 and 1.8 Civic VTi's B16A1/2 and the B18C4.

8. h1coupe

h1coupe Member

yeah but the 1.8l civic vti with the b18c4 is a 5door version made in UK. it is pretty heavy don´t remember how heavy but 0-60 time is about 8,4 so it´s slower then the 1.6vti. and it breaks down more often it just isn´t as good as it´s brother the japan manufactured honda.

9. Uk Civic

Uk Civic Junior Member

yeah sounds like a good idea h1coupe! you are mow in my contacts! My email is mattshondacivic@hotmail.com. if any one else has any ideas about where to get parts in europe or the uk email me! Cheers!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted