Umm, ya know what xaero and i were saying about texas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Well....totally am not going to work...my windwhield whipers froze to my windshield and i accidently ripped the blades off.

What the bloody hell....this is texas. shit like that aint supposed to happen.

i think its the TX FL CA syndrome...

"OMG the weather is great, you fuckers got -85 and its sunny and a warm 80 here, our states rocks!!"

awww, are you scared of a little cold weather?
lol

TX = freezing, yup this is the end of the world...

Quoted post[/post]]
Well....totally am not going to work...my windwhield whipers froze to my windshield and i accidently ripped the blades off.

Wow, its fucking cold here (central texas) but nothing has frozen yet...

Hey, have you seen the new buicks?? They shoot steam/heated water from the wipers to melt away ice. Cool shit, even if it is on a shitty grandma car.

And people thought I was a fruitcake attending my survivalist camps. HAH.

I love the cold - like B said, I would rather be outside in tons of clothes working than outside in a wife beater sweating my ass off.

I'm feelin ya dude, it was 24 degrees in Phoenix yesterday morning at 5:30am... that is 100 degrees difference from 4 months ago. :ph34r:
I work 3rd shift, and i think i managed to get pnuemonia for the first time.
My chest is hurting to breathe/move/have a heartbeat etc.
I think the whole west is doomed.
Well, off to the ER :laugh:

dont get me wrong...i like the cold weather...but its damned inconvient this close to christmas...i spent an hour trying to get the ice off, and when i came back it just gone back to normal...and my windshield wiper blades ripped off.

Note to self. run heater for 30 minutes before pulling on windshield wiper.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Wow, its fucking cold here (central texas) but nothing has frozen yet...

Hey, have you seen the new buicks?? They shoot steam/heated water from the wipers to melt away ice. Cool shit, even if it is on a shitty grandma car.

That really doesn’t make to much since, you would think they would use some sort of de-icer. Warm water will just freeze faster.. ?

ya know, i've lived in new england my entire life... have been through countless snow storms, blizzards, ice storms, and cold weather...

but i have NEVER ripped a wiper blade off.

i sense user error.

just like when VA gets a dusting of snow... everything closes.

Quoted post[/post]]
its 57degrees here in CA.. i've never heard of snow.. or rust on Hondas rear quarters.. :laugh:

95% of the rust on rear quarters is not from salt or sand...

its from the water drains the run along the roof get clogged with something... leaves, debris, etc... and it ends up holding the water in the drain, eventually rusting out where they exit--- right in the rust spot.

but i have NEVER ripped a wiper blade off.

i sense user error.

:werd:

either you have one hell of an overpowered wiper motor or you have some shitty ass blades

i've had the wipers frozen to the windshield before and it won't even come close to ripping the blades

Quoted post[/post]]
dont get me wrong...i like the cold weather...but its damned inconvient this close to christmas...i spent an hour trying to get the ice off, and when i came back it just gone back to normal...and my windshield wiper blades ripped off.
inconvient this close to christmas? i associate this weather with christmas. haha. i love cold weather so its nice here in new jersey.

Quoted post[/post]]

its from the water drains the run along the roof get clogged with something... leaves, debris, etc... and it ends up holding the water in the drain, eventually rusting out where they exit--- right in the rust spot.
well .. still havent seen a sign of rust on any of my Hondas.. and i've owned a shitty 96 dx 4 dr.. 3 CRXs and the hatch i have now...

Quoted post[/post]]

so how do you explain the cars with no sun-roof having rust spots???

bah, the drain theory holds some water but i would say the majority of rear quarter rust, and rear wheel well rust can be explained by two things...

the rear wheel well's on hondas come with a shitty plastic protective strip... worst design ever
this strip holds water and debris up against the metal, it never gets a chance to dry out and rusts...

the rear quarters can be explained by debris, and drivers failing to clean their cars well enough
they get a buildup inside that also traps water against the metal leading to untimely demise due to rust...

they was also a rumor of honda cutting costs in the mid to late 80's by using recycled metal, which, according to the rumor will rust faster than non recycled metal...

and there's also the rumor about salt from ocean water clinging to the vehicles as they travel on a transport ship from japan to the US, but i think this is pure BS

Quoted post[/post]]
the rear wheel well's on hondas come with a shitty plastic protective strip... worst design ever
this strip holds water and debris up against the metal, it never gets a chance to dry out and rusts...

the rear quarters can be explained by debris, and drivers failing to clean their cars well enough
they get a buildup inside that also traps water against the metal leading to untimely demise due to rust...

:werd:

And ocean/road salt has a MAJOR effect on cars. Thats why when you get a car thats more than a couple of years old from up north the undercarriage is all rusted out. That just doesn't happen in central Texas. Not even on hondas.

Back