Umm, ya know what xaero and i were saying about texas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

naw, not the sun roof... the 2 "gutters" that line the roof from the hood to the trunk on each side...

well .. where i live it dont rain much.. it never snows.. (the last time it snowed, i was a senior in HS.. so 7 yrs ago).. it like a fucking desert here.. good ol' Bakersfield

Quoted post[/post]]

That really doesn’t make to much since, you would think they would use some sort of de-icer. Warm water will just freeze faster.. ?
you know i told my friend that warm water freezes faster.. he called bullshit on me.. so when you fill up your icecube trays.. use warm water and you'll have ice sooner

sorry bout the lame ass post... just wondering if it was really true, cuz i heard it somewhere over the Grapevine

I fkn got cut off, and ran off the road, the side skirt is off, and the front passenger side of my bumper is pulled out of where it's supposed to be. I LIVE IN TX, THERE ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE FKN ICE

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

That really doesn’t make to much since, you would think they would use some sort of de-icer. Warm water will just freeze faster.. ?
you know i told my friend that warm water freezes faster.. he called bullshit on me.. so when you fill up your icecube trays.. use warm water and you'll have ice sooner

sorry bout the lame ass post... just wondering if it was really true, cuz i heard it somewhere over the Grapevine
http://itotd.com/articles/521

Freezing Water: I started with three identical glass containers, each holding 100ml (about 3.5 fl. oz.) of filtered water: one at room temperature (72°F/22°C), one at the same temperature as my hot water tap (115°F/46°C), and one boiling (212°F/100°C). I put all these into my freezer, which has an air temperature of 0°F (–18°C). Since I knew that the water would not turn from liquid to ice all at once, my arbitrary standard for frozenness was the time at which a wooden chopstick dropped into the center of the container would no longer touch the bottom. I checked each of the containers every 5 minutes. The results? The room-temperature water froze in 50 minutes. The hot water froze in 80 minutes. And the boiling water froze in 95 minutes. My verdict: no contest—not even remotely close. Given the conditions in my freezer and the water I used, I could not reproduce the Mpemba effect.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

http://itotd.com/articles/521

Freezing Water: I started with three identical glass containers, each holding 100ml (about 3.5 fl. oz.) of filtered water: one at room temperature (72°F/22°C), one at the same temperature as my hot water tap (115°F/46°C), and one boiling (212°F/100°C). I put all these into my freezer, which has an air temperature of 0°F (–18°C). Since I knew that the water would not turn from liquid to ice all at once, my arbitrary standard for frozenness was the time at which a wooden chopstick dropped into the center of the container would no longer touch the bottom. I checked each of the containers every 5 minutes. The results? The room-temperature water froze in 50 minutes. The hot water froze in 80 minutes. And the boiling water froze in 95 minutes. My verdict: no contest—not even remotely close. Given the conditions in my freezer and the water I used, I could not reproduce the Mpemba effect.

The reason people say to use warm water in your trays has nothing to do with freezing the water faster. It is supposed to give you clear ice cubes. If water takes longer to freeze, in theory the aeration caused by your facet aerator has a chance to rise to the surface before the ice cubes freeze.

-Given that I read approximatly 1000 posts on here for ever one I respond to, I have no idea why I felt the urge to clarify the ice cubes.

Quoted post[/post]]
Well....totally am not going to work...my windwhield whipers froze to my windshield and i accidently ripped the blades off.

What the bloody hell....this is texas. shit like that aint supposed to happen.

I did that monday... it does suck.

There was a chunk of ice on my windshield just over the driver wiper. I flipped them on and it stuck for a second, then I hear this SNAP and the arm came up and wiped across my window.

Luckily I didn't scratch it. The arm connector had fallen off cause the blade was frozen to the windshield.

about warm water... depending on the temp outside... it won't freeze very fast.

it will make the ice on your windshield melt but as it hits the air, will cool down...

either way... cold water works too here in CA. so... yea. CA still rules. YAY area. w00t. haha

Quoted post[/post]]
well .. where i live it dont rain much.. it never snows.. (the last time it snowed, i was a senior in HS.. so 7 yrs ago).. it like a fucking desert here.. good ol' Bakersfield
Yea i remember the last time it snowed in porterville, that was like 8 years ago, or more i think.

it did get down to 39 the other night here in San Diego, i was freezing my ass off, cause there's no heat in my room.

Quoted post[/post]]
We had some serious ice here the other day. And we bitch and moan if it's raining and 50 degrees, in Cali. :laugh:

haha damn you you californians... I would give my left nut for 50 and raining right now.

It's 11 degrees and cloudy right now. I let my car warm up for 20 minutes this morning, and then I still had to scrape every window. Fucking frost.

it's 14 degrees here in lubbock right now.

i went to get some food earlier, and i had a short crack(about 4 or 5 inches) on the passenger side of my windsheild, and ding on the driver side; anyway, when i rolled down my window to place my order........ crrrrraaaaaacckk. the crack and the ding connected.

Quoted post[/post]]
Yep, 47 and raining. This weather sucks. :p

Damn you.
frustrated.gif

Back