Unable to set radio code

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonda_my_honda

After 5 years of owing my 2003 Accord EX V6 I had to change its battery.

Of course I had forgotten all about the anti-theft system in the radio and when I started the car I noticed the display read "Code". The neighborhood dealer (from whom I did not purchase the car) told me the reason and that I'd have to enter the 5-digit code. They offered -- for $45 -- to yank the radio out and get the code from the back of the radio and enter it for me.

The cheapskate that I am I thought I will look for the code myself. I did not ever recall getting a 5-digit code when I bought the car so I randomly punched 5-digit numbers. Well, I guessed wrong 10 times (yeah, I realize that my odds of getting it wrong are astronomical).

It turns out that you are allowed 10-tries to enter the code. Now, wouldn't you know it, as I was rummaging through stuff in the house I actually found the required code!!!

However, I can't enter it since I exceeded my 10-attempt limit. Any suggestions?

Have you talked to anyone from an actual Honda dealership yet? I would call a Honda dealer and explain to them what you just explained here.

Have you talked to anyone from an actual Honda dealership yet? I would call a Honda dealer and explain to them what you just explained here.

Thanks for the reply. Just as I was posting my question, it occurred to me that if the radio believes it is stolen when the battery is replaced (which is why it asks for the code), shouldn't it do the same thing again if I re-seat the battery?

So, I removed one terminal of the battery, kept it off for a few seconds and then put it back. Lo and behold! The radio went back to asking for "Code". I entered the code and we all lived happily ever after!

1990 Honda Civic - Radio Code assistance needed

Hey there...I just bought a 1990 Honda Civic Hatchback, and the radio is not operational due to requiring a radio code. Since I am not the original owner it has been very difficult for me to obtain the code through Honda. If there are any former or current Honda techs available to let me know what the code is I would definitely appreciate it. I tried to get the Serial # & it was nowhere to be found. I do know this though, it is a stock cassette/radio and the Vin # is 2hged6456lh537668.

Thanks alot for your time,
Justin

justinnyoung84@aol.com

First of all, don't bring back dead threads, just start a new one.

And second, no one here is going to help you with this. I believe there's actually a sticky'd post in the audio forum saying we don't help with radio codes. If you have the title to the car then you should be able to get the code from the dealer. If they want to charge you for it, then take the radio out yourself and bring it to them...

Hey there...I just bought a 1990 Honda Civic Hatchback, and the radio is not operational due to requiring a radio code. Since I am not the original owner it has been very difficult for me to obtain the code through Honda. If there are any former or current Honda techs available to let me know what the code is I would definitely appreciate it. I tried to get the Serial # & it was nowhere to be found. I do know this though, it is a stock cassette/radio and the Vin # is 2hged6456lh537668.

Thanks alot for your time,
Justin

justinnyoung84@aol.com

nobody is gonna give this damn code.. go to the honda dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back