Underage consumption...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

importjdmcivic

Its the NUGE!
Ok...i was at a party last night. I got pretty drunk, but was sobering up. Then right before leaving time the cops showed up. I was written a citation for underage consumption, but the cop fucked up. In my Criminal Justice class I learned that if the police screw up anything on the forms that they fill out, that they can be thrown out of court with no charges. Well...this bitch cop fucked up my citation. It says that Im a female...which i am not...and it says that i am a year younger then i really and and not a TN resident...which i am. Apparently the cop was filling it out for a chick and then forgot what they were doing and started filling it out for me. Am I right about the whole "not filling it our right so it can get thrown out of court" deal? Any people with a legal background with some helpful info would be much appreciated!

my friend tried it, theyll say it's too serious of a charge, then they'll ask the officers if you were" drunk" or drinking. When they say yes, say bye bye to the TN liscense, and hello to $1000+ in fines.

Maybe this was just because NJ sucks and wants EVERY fucking penny out of people.

in your case it might work but just because a cop fucks up a form doesnt mean its throw out. tuesday i go to court for a ticket that the cop butchered my last name on. hopefully it gets thrown out, i cant afford 2 points.

Originally posted by Blanco@Feb 26 2005, 10:04 PM
you'll insult their intelligence

in my experience cops do a good enough job of insulting their own intelligence, you don't need to help them out

Originally posted by Blanco@Feb 26 2005, 10:04 PM
Don't lie, you'll insult their intelligence and that'll get you nowhere in a hurry.

Just explain that this may have been the case, but you're not female, you do live in TN, and you're actually as old as you are. You'll get off on the technicallity and won't look like a punk kid in the process.
[post=466680]Quoted post[/post]​

True - make sure u bring ur ID as well so u can prove it :)

Should I really bring my birth certificate with me? Wont my I.D. be enough?

if you really want to fight this get a lawyer, seriously

we all know they should throw it out because of the inaccuracies, but judges tend to ignore such rules if the defendant doesn't know enough to fight it for themselves, get a lawyer...

underage consumption gets you massive fines and also a suspended license for up to 5 years, no matter if you;re 20 and a half...

you should fight this, and you should get a lawyer

Good idea. You can generally hire one for under $100.

$100 for a lawyer that will go to trial? or just for consultation?
lol
$100 bucks??? cracker jack box law degree :lol:

how much is your license worth to you for the next 5 years? plus the fines? plus the cab rides and bus fare and huffy bicycle tires you will buy over the next 5 years...

unless you can find something in your local statues that word for word says the incident must be thrown out for wrongful information, i would hire someone...
also check previous cases that were similar to set precident...

BIG speeding ticket... so for an underage consumption, it might be a little higher.

threadjack in process....

i have a court summons for a speeding ticket comming up. ive already got 3 points on my liscence for speeding and id like to not have anymore. its a 1 point ticket, he wrote me up for 74 in 65. i was really doing 83, so i DID cut me a break. (FYI in MD +1-9mph=1 pt, +10-29=2 pts, +30+=5pts, with the exception of 65mph zones where +20 or more will net you the 5 pts) now my question is should i get a lawyer?will having a lawyer garantee me getting off on points and just paying the 65 dollar fine+court costs+lawyer fees? i dont want to look like a jackass bringing a lawyer for such a small ticket. your thoughts? and another FYI my previous tickets were like 2 years ago.

call up the prossocuter and tell them your situation, tell them you don't mind paying the fee, just the points is what will kill you. Ask him if there is anyway you could pleed guilty to an infraction that has the same fine, but no points, like impeading traffic.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Feb 28 2005, 06:27 PM
if you really want to fight this get a lawyer, seriously

we all know they should throw it out because of the inaccuracies, but judges tend to ignore such rules if the defendant doesn't know enough to fight it for themselves, get a lawyer...

underage consumption gets you massive fines and also a suspended license for up to 5 years, no matter if you;re 20 and a half...

you should fight this, and you should get a lawyer
[post=467336]Quoted post[/post]​

what the fuck. why do you get your lisence suspended for 5 years for underage drinking. Whats that have anything to do do with driving. YOu must live in the most fucked up state in the country. When thats happeend to my friends they got a slap on the wrist and a ride home to mommy and daddy

Back