Underage possession, legal issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

a lawyer would cost more than your ticket ( trust me i know this after paying one almost 2k for 1k in fines) but take teha dvice of the guy that post somewher above who's name was kevin. he has good advice.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Feb 16 2004, 02:21 PM
Just think, what if i really wasnt drinking alcohol, do you think this ticket should have been issued?

dude, thats regardless, because you WERE drinking alcohol, and you got caught.

if you want to get technical. the only thing i was caught doing was holding a red cup full of red liquid. as kevin stated above, the cops assumptions arent enough to give me a ticket.

so its the cops mistake for not collecting evidence. fortunately his mistake may save me $147

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Feb 16 2004, 02:21 PM
Just think, what if i really wasnt drinking alcohol, do you think this ticket should have been issued?

dude, thats regardless, because you WERE drinking alcohol, and you got caught.

lol alright captain do-good. The state hands out alchohol fines for no *real* better reason than to generate income from the people who are in the college demographic, since they can't tax them yet. Most other laws are fine, you get caught, fine, fess up. But alchohol is just gay. It's like the state robbing you for something that should be legal anyways.

How old are you anyway?

Sometimes the fine isn't the point... it's the record that you'll have if found guilty. THAT is worth having a lawyer regardless of the fine.

Um I don' t think Liquidmethod know what hes talking about. Your getting a fine because you fucked up. Not because your in the college demographic.. because its illegal. You should have run because your underage. That should be the first thought in your mind.

I would recommend paying the fine. I doubt that its a serious mark on your record because there was no arrest, which there easily could have been. Its 147 dollars, you probably spent 20 times that much on your car.

He wont JUST be paying 147 dollars. He will also have it on his record. And if your under 21 that will suck. It will be easy to fight it, just get a lawyer cause sometimes courts will just say, "do you have a lawyer, and if you dont then they will just tell you to leave. If they have no proof at all that you were drinking, then theres no way you will get fined. But be smart and get a lawyer. The laywer will prolly be cheaper than the fine. You really dont want that on your record.

Originally posted by Incredib1e@Feb 16 2004, 06:51 PM
You should have run because your underage. That should be the first thought in your mind.

Yeah thats a smart idea make the cop run after you then get you with a fleeing from a police officer ticket and in most states thats enough to put you in jail

now if he ment run before the cops showed up then ok but never run from a cop EVER

unless of course you're on a sport bike and are a good rider =) hehe

I could care less about drinking if I go to a party I could care less about drinking anything shit hit me up with a coke I'd be happy

they could have did the same thing to me
bottom line they have nothing on you other then you were at a part and had a red cup

the fact you told them it was cool aid..... you should have said coke or even some type of juice but coolaid.... I don't know of one person that drinks that shit with out adding something to it

btw did you see the cop take any notes?

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Feb 16 2004, 07:02 PM
and if your under 18 it will drop off your record when you turn 18, and if not then then when you turn 21.

That would be a state to state thing..... Maryland has some very big fines as with long term things when cought under age drinking

my friend was pulled over for doing 6-7 mph over the speed limit he had ONE beer before he got on the road

10K bucks later as with loosing his DL for 3 months then having it only for to work/school and back driving then after all that was said and done he still has THREE years of seeing a Probation Officer once a week he has to go and sign in in the county he was pulled over in

btw he was 19 and it wont be over till hes 22 and even then it will be on his record

once again every state is different when it comes to ANY tickets

Yea of course I meant before the cop got there. Not when he was talking to him that would just be stupid. Run before the cop gets to you.

EDIT: I love Kool-aid

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Feb 16 2004, 07:02 PM
and if your under 18 it will drop off your record when you turn 18, and if not then then when you turn 21.

That's why I asked how old he is. If he's over 18, it will stay on his record. It doesn't get dropped when he turns 21. It doesn't ever get dropped.

Originally posted by ilikepie@Feb 16 2004, 07:00 PM
He wont JUST be paying 147 dollars. He will also have it on his record. And if your under 21 that will suck. It will be easy to fight it, just get a lawyer cause sometimes courts will just say, "do you have a lawyer, and if you dont then they will just tell you to leave. If they have no proof at all that you were drinking, then theres no way you will get fined. But be smart and get a lawyer. The laywer will prolly be cheaper than the fine. You really dont want that on your record.

SasSi- I will be 20 in march

ilikepie- it sounds like the court hearing wont be a big deal....no real reason to get a lawyer....its not like its gonna be some long drawn out thing, the judge will either drop or tell me to eat shit, and pay the fine. which i would have to do anyways, so i really have nothing to lose.

also, ive talked to several people, and apparently mip's dont go on your record. so its not that im worried about. 147 bucks is a lot of cash, and id rather not just give it to the state.

and no, i didnt see the cop taking any notes.

my plan right now is just to go in there, state the law, and how it cannot be proved that i violated that law.

Originally posted by Incredib1e@Feb 16 2004, 06:51 PM
Um I don' t think Liquidmethod know what hes talking about. Your getting a fine because you fucked up. Not because your in the college demographic.. because its illegal. You should have run because your underage. That should be the first thought in your mind.

I would recommend paying the fine. I doubt that its a serious mark on your record because there was no arrest, which there easily could have been. Its 147 dollars, you probably spent 20 times that much on your car.

hahahahahahahahahahha

kid, go back to Middle School, and maybe when your a big kid and the worst punishment you have to face isn't being grounded for a week, you should come and add to the conversation.

I myself have had internal possesion, and regular possesion. And my best friend has had 5 possesions, 2 DWIs (got off of one), and I have multiple other friends with legal experiance. I have the fucking new hampshire RSA law books at my house.

Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Bitch.

You should have run because your underage. That should be the first thought in your mind.

Awesome advice. I hear the cops like it when they have to chase you down and tackle you. You have a much easier time in court then, explaining why you ran away.

Oh I see, so your a criminal. Good idea take legal advice from a criminal. I guess you should have used your own advice since you have so many possesion counts right? Think about it. Should have been reading that book a little better.

I'm not a kid either. When you see cop lights coming, why just hang out in plain sight, move away its not that tough.

Oh yea and don't call me bitch, just no need for that kinda shit

Simple question, did the officer make an observation based on physical traits related to the consumption of alcohol?

If so: Simply say it was over the counter medication that you had taken prior to coming to the party. In fact that was the reason you did not drink. You had become a bit irritated with his questioning since it was clear to you that he had allready made up his mind.

Also

Cops will often write notes of any relevant facts during the citation process. Just in case some dumb shit comes in with some totally retarded story. It is easy to try to remember what might have been said, but if he pulls out his pad and rattles off: " At 10:15 I approached such and such subject who replied this and that. Then etc." You will be screwed as most judges will consider the written word over the "I think it went this way" point of argument.

Ok I just read you first post again. When you say "we through a kegger at our place" who is we. Do you have residence there? Did the officer identify each resident of the house/apartment or just you? If you are the only one then you might get more than you can handle going into court. What if the judge decides to drop the drinking charge and hit you with contributing to the deliquency of a minor for the keg. If you charged a cover for the party it might get worse. Just some thoughts.

Originally posted by Incredib1e@Feb 17 2004, 11:47 AM
Oh I see, so your a criminal. Good idea take legal advice from a criminal. I guess you should have used your own advice since you have so many possesion counts right? Think about it. Should have been reading that book a little better.

I'm not a kid either. When you see cop lights coming, why just hang out in plain sight, move away its not that tough.

Oh yea and don't call me bitch, just no need for that kinda shit

this thread is over. He knows what he needs to know.

Back