Unemployment never felt so good

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

Well, my "career" at Nextel is over. Basically, I got ready for work, went in at 10:30, worked 30 minutes, then had a "you're fired/you quit" meeting with my manager. Basically, it was because of attendance, I was on a Final Written Warning, and they said if I called in again, I would be fired. 2 weeks ago, I woke up with horrible pain in my ear, along with massive pressure. I needed to go to the doctor that Saturday, I was supposed to be at work. I had doctor's notes saying I would not be able to work until April 14 due to a severe ear infection, along with having flu symptoms, I had the forms from the clinic, etc. Apparently they didn't matter. It might be a big deal if I had liked the job, but I couldn't stand it. I just got an 1100.00 check for my regular working hours, and then the quarterly bonuses, and personal bonus.

I've never been so happy about getting fired. I COULD collect unemployment, but I'm not a scumbag. I can either be a manager at a resort in recreation, or be a supervisor at Guest Services at the Marriott, my previous job. It's true what they say: money can't buy happiness--I made a shitload at Nextel, but on my days off, all I could think about was not wanting to work when I had to go back. I called off seriously about 35-40 times in a year's span, and I only worked 4 days a week. The amount of time they give you is rediculous, you can basically call off 3 times in a row and get one point. At 8 points, you get fired, that's 24 days you can call in before you get terminated, and the points fall off in 90 days, so they practially let you call in whenever you want to.

I'll probably take the next few weeks off, as money is not an necessity for me at the moment. An awesome start to an awesome weekend, guys. :)

id still be looking for a job if i was you tho. and if cash gets low and you are still not able to find a job, if all else fails go to a temp service and get a temp to hire position somewhere. just a thought

sounds like they stuck their head up the horses ass when they gave you a shit load of cash.....

I can call out whenever I want....but I'm a CEO (can't think of a more appropriate name). I can't really get fired cause it would put this company 6 feet under. It's a small company, I'm the second highest ranking in the company.

I'm the exact opposite... EMPLOYMENT never felt so good.

I bequeath my free time and relaxation to you my friend :)

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 22 2005, 01:51 PM
sounds like they stuck their head up the horses ass when they gave you a shit load of cash.....

I can call out whenever I want....but I'm a CEO (can't think of a more appropriate name). I can't really get fired cause it would put this company 6 feet under. It's a small company, I'm the second highest ranking in the company.
[post=490142]Quoted post[/post]​

Now THAT's some job security! :worthy:

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Apr 22 2005, 12:46 PM
id still be looking for a job if i was you tho. and if cash gets low and you are still not able to find a job, if all else fails go to a temp service and get a temp to hire position somewhere. just a thought
[post=490136]Quoted post[/post]​

I have another job. I had another job technically for a while, Marriott has been calling me every month or so to try to get me back. I'll probably start working a week from this monday. So I have a 9 day vacation. And no, Jeff and Eric, I won't come to CT. I would love to, but it's hard to take a vacation without having the cash to blow on it. :)

Back