Unexplained Mysteries!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Poweredbyrcade

I've had my 93 integra Gsr for almost 2 years now and I honestly can't remeber when the problems started but they've been around for quite some time. There seems to be mysterious problems that always come and go and its hard to predict them some times. sometimes the car runs smooth and will be fun to drive and then other times it feels sluggish. If I drive it for too long sometimes, while Im driving, the car will feel like if its being held back then not and then again. then when I stop the idle rpm will be at 200 then I stop at another place and the rpm will be at 600 then 800 then back to 200 then to near zero and it gets frustrating. and then sometimes the car doesn't want to turn on and then I get a check engine light and it goes away before I can even diagnose the problem. It has over heated twice because all the water came out and then now no water leaks and I HAVEN"T FIXED ANYTHING!! I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on. The engine was rebuild a while a go and before it was it had the same problems. could it be an electrical problem because if you were to look under the hood you would think that it is in the best of all conditions.
oh yeah and sometimes the airconditioning fan will turn on and off even with the car turned off.

I would start by checking all your wiring. Make sure nothing is grounding out on you. I would also check to see if your cat is functioning as it should. Check your thermostat and make sure it is operating correctly. Make sure you are getting good fuel pressure, too.

When was the last time you replaced any of the typical tune-up parts, such as your fuel filter, wires, plugs, cap, rotor, thermostat, etc? Might be a good idea to look into spending some money and seeing if that helps. None of those replacements are very hard to do, nor will they really cost you too much.

That is where I would start.

i say start with a tune up and then check wiring
possibly a censor or vacume issues?
i dont know to much but ive had some similar issues
my car was ideling inconsistantly as well but a vacum cap helped

It has over heated twice because all the water came out and then now no water leaks and I HAVEN"T FIXED ANYThing
does it smoke
have you compression checked it and
does it idle up and down all the time

When the engine was rebuilt about 6 months ago. I did a complete tune up, new wires, plugs, cap and rotor even thermostat, I replaced a worn water pump. The fuel pressure is as specified but sometimes when the car doesn't want to turn on the pressure is really high like at 50 but eventually it drops. There are no vacum leaks. All of the wiring was checked when the engine was out and it tested all good except for a couple of relays that I replaced. Compression is perfect. I've taken it to mechanics who tell me that everything is working great. But when I tell them the car loses power mysteriously they have given me different explanations from telling me to get a cold air intake to replacing the valve cover because its causing the car to heat up. But the temperature needle is always a little to the left of center, temperature is about 500-600F, the only time it would pass the middle mark is when it has overheated.

Last edited:
i have a friend whos 89 teg has a tendency to do the same thing. He does need new wires, but i also recommended he replace his throttle sensor. Its alson not unheard of for some ppl to put their thermostats in upside down and have overheating problems. Start with the simple things. Maybe see if you can adjust your throttle body sensor, or try checking your ignition timing (2 bolts on the dis. cap). As i said thats just the begining, start simple.

Back