unhappy with my job

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
lately it seems ive been pretty unhappy with my job. when i started my job almost a 1.5 years ago, i enjoyed every day of it. after a few months of being employed, i got an upgraded job on 2nd shift (which is the shift i was on when i started) as a material handler. i was pretty happy as this meant more money, i didnt have to work on the line anymore and i was pretty much my own boss. i busted my ass every night and ive gotten excellent reviews. well around november or so, they tell us 2nd shift people that they are getting rid of 2nd shift and moving some of us to first, some of were getting laid off and the temporary workers were gonna be laid off. i was one of the people that got sent to first shift. well this meant losing my raise i got, losing my shift differential (extra $1.25/hr total), working for a cunt of a boss (no one likes her), and working mornings which i can DEAL with but i dont prefer 1st shift at all. i start on 1st shift and i quickly find out you gotta watch what you say to whom because people will snitch on you in a heartbeat. great...snitches. i hate these types of people and i find out that one of em is the guy that trained me to the job i am doing now on 1st. hes a cool guy and all, but knowing this i dont trust him very often. for instance, i jokingly told him today to slow down because its monday. then this lady said to watch what i say or else i could get fired. i just shrugged my shoulders and went on with work. i dont complain alot about what i do and im told by the line leaders i do a good job, but im just tired of the people (most of them are DICKS) and im starting to get tired of the company in general. i try not to keep a negative attitude but dealing with shit like this every day is getting to me. maybe its just me?? who knows but ive sorta started looking for another job semi-seriously. i cant deal with this shit much more. anyone here have any ideas what i should do?

IF you can't deal with it get out. If you can deal with it, meaning stick it out, stick it out.

Find yourself an out though before you do something you might regret. Meaning financial out. I don't know about there, but you quit her you don't get unemployment, and if you get fired for trying to get fired, same deal.

ahh trust me im not trying to get fired but if they fore me they fire me. i plan on having another job before quitting this one. ive got this friday off so ima go look then...

Quite bitchin dude. Since it sounds like you got a lot of experience, put together a professional resume and send it out onto moster or to get a real job. Some companies prefer experience in the work field and market rather than a general degree.

Back