United Breaks Guitars...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, I heard about this on NPR last night.

They're replacing his guitar, and they want to use his video in part of their training program.

which translates to:
"We know we are douchebags, and ignored this guy so we could try to get out of paying for a guitar in the price range of roughly $1200-2500 area.
But, now that everybody knows, and lots of people are musicians that will take this to heart, we are going to take this like we knew nothing about it and try to make it right."

fucking douchebags.
i know if i ever have to travel with my gear, i will not be going united.

yeah, i cant even begin to imagine how much money they are gonna lose off of this... lol
shoulda just replaced it to begin with. HA

i know right,
in plain sight and witnesses that saw it, and they just brushed it off like they werent responsible.

What a bunch of bs... The whole situation just makes them look like a terrible company. They deserve the customers they lose thanks to this guy. I flew on AA with my acoustic and the guy took great care of it and the other instruments. I BS'd with him for a few min and found out he was a musician himself. I got lucky.

which translates to:
"We know we are douchebags, and ignored this guy so we could try to get out of paying for a guitar in the price range of roughly $1200-2500 area.
But, now that everybody knows, and lots of people are musicians that will take this to heart, we are going to take this like we knew nothing about it and try to make it right."

fucking douchebags.
i know if i ever have to travel with my gear, i will not be going united.

You really think United was worried about $1200-2500 each?

They're use to paying out millions and millions of dollars to each person when anything big happens.

My guess is whoever was in charge of that issue just didn't give a damn, didn't want to get written up for his team screwing around.

The airline announced on Twitter today that the video “struck a chord w/ us and we’ve contacted him directly to make it right.

I hate the world we live in today, MAJOR companies are now spreading news VIA tweeter.

Last edited:
Back