Universal muffler

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

webink_EK9

What would be the best universal muffler I can get for my ITR swap? I was told the Apexi N1 would be the best way to go for high end power, but do they make that in a universal style? All I've seen are the cat back systems.

the "muffler itself" is primarily used for sound and looks..........the B pipe is where the hp is at,

I like the flat black ES oval 2.5inch muff, personally........but honestly any muff will do.

What is a b pipe? Will I need one? I've got the 4-1 ITR header and I'll do a high flow cat. I just don't want to restrict my exhaust any more than I should.

the B pipe is short for "back pipe", in other words the piping that connects the cat to the muffler. Hence the term "catback exhaust"

Just buy the apex N1 complete exhuas system.

My question relates to this...

When I bought my car, it came with a sri and a muffler made by focuz (just the muffler no cat-back) If I put an oem one back on there (I got a sound ticket once) will I lose any power???

why don't you get a silencer?

and you have a type r swap, and you're getting a UNIVERSAL muffler??? :blink: <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back