Unknown tranny - Need clutch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ohmstable

I've got a DOHC ZC that I'm going to put into my CRX. I need an OEM clutch for it so I want to know what I should be asking for at Honda. It is a cable tranny and it has a sticker L3-1238824 on it. Is that enough to identify it? What car/year should I be asking a clutch for?

The spline count on the `88 transmissions are different tho. I ran into that problem when I got my tranny, its from an `88 si, so I had to get a `88 clutch for it. I got the tranny and the flywheel from a junkyard.

Ok, well before you buy the clutch for the 88-91 CRX/Civic SI, take the tranny out and count the splines...

It has 21 splines. Is that an 89 Integra clutch then? or do I have to measure the flywheel diameter?

Here is a link from Dmoore that might help you. :) I would think you would get the pressure plate that matches up to the right number of splines, and then get the correct diameter clutch and flywheel to match it up. Hope that helps.

Back