Unmarked cop car question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

They keep that info a secret so that criminals can't access it. If all the drugdealers know which cars they use for undercover busts, that would defeat the purpose, now wouldn't it?

Well, now, there's undercover cars for undercover cops & drugbusts, & then there's unmarked cars for highway patrol duty. There is definately a difference. An undercover car could be anything on the road, where an unmarked will be same type/model/series as standard issue w/out paint.

I think that using an undercover car for a traffic bust would kind of blow its cover....
yep...big difference....

undercover=no lights/used on drug busts

unmarked=lights, radars, tint, and video.

yep...big difference....

undercover=no lights/used on drug busts

unmarked=lights, radars, tint, and video.

You asked which cars were in the State Patrol motorpool. That would include both undercovers and unmarked.

Long answer short, no you can't find out information on all the cars.

In related news: Any tips for keeping windshield wipers from moving @ 130mph?

frameless wipers
valeo_top_lock2_blades.jpg

lower profiledoesnt catch air like a standard wiper
most have an integrated spoiler on the blade keeping them from chattering when using them at speed
betterwindsheild contact
useable year round due to having no frame work for ice and snow to get stuck in (for people in areas with a real winter)

i switched to these a few years ago and will not be going back to conventional wipers
they are more expensive... but i get at least double the time out of them... so to me they are worth it

There are radar/laser detectors that can still detect what police are using; but usually by the time the detector picks it up; they already clocked you.

Mass Staties I know use Chargers (marked and unmarked), and Crown Vics (marked and unmarked) as their normal work-horses, but have seen Jeep Liberty's, Impalas, Dodge Caravans, and Chevy 3500 panel-vans doing highway duty. There is also 2 unmarked, tinted 06' Mustang interceptors. A silver/black stripe one and a black one. I've seen the black one prowling the Pike near Boston. There's also the Mass DOT "Truck Team", which rocks Expeditions, F250's and Explorers. Beware, these guys don't mess around.

As for detectors, if I ever get one - it will have the capability to jam Lidar. A lot of state patrols have gone to Lidar, and if you have a regular detector - even a good one - it will only help to notify you that you just got a ticket. A lot of local departments are starting to go Lidar too.

thats entrapment isnt it??

they dont initiate other drivers in racing. you know how it is, if you frive something that looks like it gets raced then some asshat in a four door civic with a spoiler bigger than his car is gonna try and race you. all they do is cruise and wait for them.

douchebag in a red hatch did that to me on my way home from work today.

and i got a ticket just a bit ago. cop was a prick from hell.

There's an unmarked silver Mercedes E350 that cruises I55 near my house. Normal plates but has bar lights inside the cabin.

dude. nick. there are a lot more in washington like that.

Seriously. If it says WSP as some of the text on the license plate, then its a cop. Example: you see a newer jeep liberty, silver, slightly tinted windows, nothing else and the license plate says.... 178-WSP, then its a washington state patrol. Why do I know this? I see 'em pull people over every single morning on myw ay to work, and it isn't me.

dude. nick. there are a lot more in washington like that.

Seriously. If it says WSP as some of the text on the license plate, then its a cop. Example: you see a newer jeep liberty, silver, slightly tinted windows, nothing else and the license plate says.... 178-WSP, then its a washington state patrol. Why do I know this? I see 'em pull people over every single morning on myw ay to work, and it isn't me.
i know about the wsp plates. but there is some sneaky shit here in tacoma and seattle. if you watch the clover park channel, they have shows about how they are catching people speeding, road raging, and racing. it's pretty crazy.

Here in Spokane we have a city cop in a blue mustang unmarked, plates are normal ect. ect. He has tried to bait me before, some douche bag next to me just took off thinking the mustang wanted to race who ever. Needless to say... I waved when i drove by.

frameless wipers

Thanks, I'll have to look into that. I don't really need them most of the time...but they're a nice luxury to have when it actually does rain.

buy a car that doesn't suck :D
mine don't move at 160

^_^Well, my speedo tops out @ 125...so when after i bury the needle I have no idea.

some asshat in a four door civic with a spoiler bigger than his car is gonna try and race you.

:mellow:I can't stand that. Where do all these jokers come from? Do they really think that adding a fake intake to the roof of their car makes it faster? But, besides those fools I've got every other small testicled mofo out there throwing revs at me. In the last week I've had a WRX Sti & a Grand National want to race....do I really look that stupid? No need to answer that....

I can't stand that. Where do all these jokers come from? Do they really think that adding a fake intake to the roof of their car makes it faster? But, besides those fools I've got every other small testicled mofo out there throwing revs at me. In the last week I've had a WRX Sti & a Grand National want to race....do I really look that stupid? No need to answer that....

try having a rhd car. higher end cars want to race. audi's, porches, and nsx's are pretty common. it seems like i get a lot of 40-50 year olds want to race.

try having a rhd car.

No thanks. I could never get used to being on the 'wrong' side & shifting w/ left hand. (Stationed in Okinawa for 6mos.)

What's funny to me is that I haven't done anything to the car that would indicate that I think it's god's gift to speed. 16in rims w/ lowpro tires, fog lights & a crushed fender don't scream ricer...do they?

No thanks. I could never get used to being on the 'wrong' side & shifting w/ left hand. (Stationed in Okinawa for 6mos.)

What's funny to me is that I haven't done anything to the car that would indicate that I think it's god's gift to speed. 16in rims w/ lowpro tires, fog lights & a crushed fender don't scream ricer...do they?
air force eh? what did you do in the service? and driving rhd is really easy. i'm surprised you didn't like it. i mean, i don't like it here in the states, but i'm sure i would be fine in japan.

Actually, USMC Helicopter Mech. Not too bad of a gig as far as not getting shot at, but I"m glad to be done. And I never want to see another helo as long as I live...

The rhd truck we used most of the time also happened to be a 5-spd on the column, so it was really odd. I preferred to drive the econoline that was lhd. Even though I was on the 'wrong' side of the road, it wasn't such a big deal because I was on the 'correct' side of the vehicle.

It's not exactly hard, I just didn't like it. I kept going for the wrong door for one thing...:lol:

quick question about rhd:

when you shift, do you shift out towards the left(like mirror image of a lhd) or do you shift in towards your body(the same direct as lhd).

just a question that popped into my head

/threadjack

There was an old blue hooptie piece of crap car that was an unmarked po-po in new mexico.. Complete with missing grille and transformer style light bars that flipped out of the front bumper and rear dash. Sneaky little bastards.

There is a brand spankin' new ford taurus in my town that is a marked police car that they used as a patrol car for years, and across the trunk it said "This vehicle was seized from a local drug dealer".

What a slap in the face. A drug dealer's brand new paid for car being used by the police to do police work.

quick question about rhd:/threadjack
That's exactly what kept throwing me off. Everything is the same, you're just on the other side of the car....except my three remaining brain cells kept thinking that everything, like the shifting, pedals & signal/wiper switches, should be mirror.
Bleh...:confused:

"This vehicle was seized from a local drug dealer".
A Taurus? That's funny. Not exactly big pimpin'...:cool:

Back