Unmarked cop car question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

quick question about rhd:

when you shift, do you shift out towards the left(like mirror image of a lhd) or do you shift in towards your body(the same direct as lhd).

just a question that popped into my head

/threadjack
the tranny is setup the same as lhd.

24R

the hard part is the reverse wipers and turn signals. i don't know how many times i have tried to signal and turned my wipers on.

That's exactly what kept throwing me off. Everything is the same, you're just on the other side of the car....except my three remaining brain cells kept thinking that everything, like the shifting, pedals & signal/wiper switches, should be mirror.
Bleh...:confused:

You lucky bastard, having a whole brain cell more than me... id probably be thinking the same thing, except for the pedals, that would be just way too awkward to be mirrored. I can see it now, trying to press the clutch and instead be stomping on the gas.... wouldnt end to well for me.

the tranny is setup the same as lhd.

haha, wow, i didnt even think about that even though i have a zc transmission... gotta love when your mind goes blank on these things

Last edited:
You lucky bastard, having a whole brain cell more than me... id probably be thinking the same thing, except for the pedals, that would be just way too awkward to be mirrored. I can see it now, trying to press the clutch and instead be stomping on the gas.... wouldnt end to well for me.
the pedals are the same. gas on the right, clutch on the left.

I can see it now, trying to press the clutch and instead be stomping on the gas.... wouldnt end to well for me.

Well, that extra cell misfires a lot b/c when I drive the wifey's automatic I'll go for the clutch & slam the brake. Wheee! She loves the resulting whiplash!

Back