Update H22/H23

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well the total of everything including the car is closing up to $10k, maybe around 9.8k+, but i paid $1500 for the car and had lots of machine work done. most of the money went either towards the head or the little stuff to get it working

damn so @10 k for the engine itself thats somthin keep it up I think you are my inspiration im thinkin of that also i have a h23 and i wouldnt mind gettin the best of both worlds

not to bring negativity to this build because its clean and it seems you are doing a good job, but i think your going to be a little disapointed in your actual numbers, if you are going to run this na and keep it at stock compression i think this motor is only going to see like 250 at the flywheel maybe a little more, a fully built 2.6l h22 with 16:1 compression puts like 270 to the wheels, and this is a drag car motor, so if you wanna see the numbers you are hopin for bump up the compression a little, other than that nice build

just wanted to say that your setup looks REAL hot...
very nice... and very clean
keep up the good work

and 16:1 compression... holy fuck...
i'd like to hear that idle...

why would anyone nuild a 2.6l h22 with 16:1 compression to achieve 270 whp thats fuckin retarded if u ask me....given the amount of money it would take to do this im willing to bet someone could run 20 psi of boost and make about 525 whp

someone told me the same thing that its only going to make 250 hp at the flywheel when its NA, but its kinda hard to believe that its only making that much horsepower cuz of all the other stuff that compliments the port job. The place that did my port job basically promised me 25hp just from their port job, imagine engineering is saying that the header they are making for me makes 13 more hp than dc sports, and i'd say dc sports header makes atleast 7hp if not more, the crower stage 2 cams realistically speaking probably makes around 7-10hp, so thats basically past 250hp, when i mean near 300hp it really means anywhere from 275-300hp. 270hp at the wheels is atleast 320 at the flywheel. I'm not saying you are wrong, but i'm just reporting what i researched

Nice work you have done. Looks good.

I'm just curious how much your STR 70MM TB cost you and where you got it?

Also, does anyone know what the JDM TB MM is? I should know since I own it but I'm still learning about the engine.

I wonder how much HP difference the STR 70mm TB makes compared to the JDM H22A TB ? Anyone have any comments?

Bruce

Ok guys, i ran into a few new problems (i will post pictures of them soon). first my powersteering bracket, i had to grind off a huge chunk of it so it could fit on to the cylinder head (actually two parts needed to be grinded). Next is the side bracket that is under the camgears. I had to cut the camgear covers so that the bracket can go thru it. other than that everything is coming by nicely.

s40460660a6062.jpg

I had to cut away the camseal cover to get the mounting bracket to fit

s404608921fbf3.jpg

Like the blue?

s4046041f5a56b.jpg

s404606a1a605c.jpg

just so you guys dont get the wrong impression; i am not a cowboys fan, i just like this color combination

i will post more about the power steering bracket once i get a good picture since my camera is being a jerk and wont clear when its close

s40460d6133461.jpg

ok i know this is a crappy picture but this is one of the parts that i had to trim away to make the ps bracket to fit, there is another place on the back side that i grinded off, if i bought the h22 ps bracket i wouldnt have to do this, but i didnt. :)

s40460caaa876f.jpg

heres another good picture of the engine

very nice job man, looks like its coming along great.i'm actually doing the conversion as we speak too, cept i'm using my t60 turbo in my hatch :)

if you could, add me on msn (wollip@hotmail.com) or AIM (leftoutrecords), i still have somw questions about the conversion and if you could help that'd be great!

gallery_21906_80_15161.jpg

+

gallery_21906_80_1101157336.jpg

=

gallery_21906_80_1104263264.jpg

too bad everything that had to deal with a turbo became too expensive......

gallery_21906_80_27681.jpg

well i tried to get my c&r radiator in the picture... oh well

gallery_21906_80_33633.jpg

gallery_21906_80_21910.jpg

gallery_21906_80_283.jpg

exhaust isnt finished yet because i want to go out the passanger sideskirt to delete a 90 degree bend, but i'm not quite ready to put on my sideskirts.

gallery_21906_80_32312.jpg

IT'S ALIVE....... ok well it works pretty good now, #1 cylinder wasnt firing but found out it was the injector so i bought 4 new venom injectors, fires nicely now. now all i need is the p28 ecu and it should be running great. still planning on using my turbo stuff in the near future.

here's the stuff it has now:
Injen CAI, STR 70mm TB, Golden Eagle Intake Manifold and throttle linkage relocator, Port and Polished Heads, Crower Stage 1 Cams, Aem TruTime Cam Gears, DC Sports Header, high flow cat, muffler in the exhaust tunnel with 2.5 piping to the end, AEM Power Pulleys, C&R Radiator, the block and head has been milled, block was bored then sleeved. The car itself sits on skunk2 adjustable coilovers with KYB shocks. It also has a short shifter that I dont remember the name of the guy who makes it, it was like PARADOX Para something. For looks i have a R33 front bumper and BW sideskirts from ExtremeDimensions, I also have JDM Headlights and not to forget z3 fenders to replace my dented up stock ones. I also have an Autoloc lambo door kit that I payed $1375 for which I'm not sure if I'm going to use.

Hidden in my closet I still have the MaxRev turbo manifold and downpipe, a borgwarner t3/t4 hybrid turbo (which i want to trade for a regular t3), spearco intercooler with custom made tanks, and I also have 2 Golden Eagle Oil adaptor blocks which I probably will never use as well as my oilfilter relocation kit.

maxrev makes it, they also have an equal length turbo manifold that cost an arm and a leg but looks pretty....

hey i wanted to ask, how do i post a video. like say i have a digital movie camera that i could hook up to my computer. lets go from there.

Video Question:
You'd need to put it into MPEG format and host it somewhere.

TEH other shit: Did I mention that blue is my favorite color? I like the work you have done. You show enthusiasm, know how, and if all else fails, sticktoitness. I'm glad your ride didn't get parted out.

You have my respect, and a decent ride. Good job. Just don't wing that shit. I hate HUGE wings.

I can build any manifold I see. There are tricks, but if I hold one in my hands, those tricks are GONE. A true welder knows what process was used and how by looking at ANY piece of metal. I love welding. :D

Oh, BTW, I am very seriously thinking about making this a sticky. You have mad potential, and you've proven this project worthy. PM me if you would like a certain write up stickied, or if you plan an article soon.

Preludes, mmmmmm.

yeah, if you like the blue wait till we get the turbo stuff on, going to powder coat the charge pipes blue so its more noticeable.

plus i got a feeling i'm going to replace the head gasket very soon, :angry: so anybody have any recommendations for which one is the best? i also saw on hondata that they have a socketed OBD1 p28 for $325, i wonder is that the actual ecu cuz that would be nice to have.

Back