Update on project 13 second LS..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Sep 17 2003, 03:26 PM
LS rods are good to about 7500 rpm, after that its iffy, and i will only take it about 7300 right now, until i can get a new ECU. after that i might take them a bit higher like 7400, but probably still well below 8000

I was under the impression that those cams made their power up high? Don't you want to be reving to 8k or 8.5? That seems like a low RPM to be getting the peak power out of those cams/valvesprings. Don't stock B18B's redline at like 7000 anyways?

YEP, rev limiter is 7k and cams cut out about 6.8k i think. That is why I brought it up. To use the full pot. of the cams.

what crack have u been smoking, the rev limiter isnt 7000. i take it up to 7200 all the time, and that was on stock cams. my new cams will be to 7500. and they dont have PEAK at 7300 RPM, thats where its high and good on stock bottem end. with springs and retainers and ecu u can safly take it to 7500 after that its hell for the bottem end. also, stock b18a/b's redline at 6500^^ gotta love taking it 800 RPM past redline on stock engine;)

Not to start an argument, but B18As and B18Bs have different redlines if I'm not mistaken. The A might be 6500 but I'm ALMOST sure the B18b goes to 7000.

P.S. - Why the fuck did you get valvesprings and retainers if you already rev to 7300 and don't plan on taking it past 7400? :wtf: :slap:

The 93 B18A redline is 6800, fuel cut is 7200.

90-91 B18A redline is 6500 rpm
94+ B18B redline is 6800 rpm

I had a Auto Meter tach and when I hit my Rev. limiter It showed 7k.
That is why I said that.

No I don't smoke crack, but thanks for the offer. :D

P.S. - Why the fuck did you get valvesprings and retainers if you already rev to 7300 and don't plan on taking it past 7400?

because the bigger the cams, the harder they make everything work, it wont work properly without the springs and retainers, and its always good to know its built right INCASE i feel like making the engine rev to 8k.

I have a tach too, and the shiftlight is at 7200, and theres no fuel cutoff or bogging when i hit the light and let it stay on for a second before shifting.

Back