UPDATE on the LS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 30 2004, 06:37 AM
I'm gonna try using one of my other ECU's and see if it throws the same code, and convert the Pr4 to manual.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong and it's code 19. But it clearly shows 2 long blinks and 3 short blinks then the real quick ending blink.
[post=439088]Quoted post[/post]​

sure its not 20 and 31? or 2 and 31? there is no "ending blink" is spits through the codes, pauses, and then repeats.

31 is a given- so its either 2 for the second o2 (but if you're using an obd1 ecu you shouldn't be getting this code, so i'm going to assume its 20)

2- secondary o2
20- Electrical Load Detector
31- Automatic Transmission Signal "B"

that's what it sounds like to me. so get the manual ECU and check your dizzy wiring/plugs.

learn how to pull codes y0 :p

I think i figured it out then

5, 20, and 3.

Cant be 31 there aren't 3 long pauses, I dunno why this code doesn't come up it just doesn't.

It goes like this 0 is long 1 is short.
1111100111 then a real real quick blink that ends it and then starts all over.

if its 20 im not suprised, its a civic dizzy and I couldn't understand why it wasn't throwing some kind of code for it.

3/5 are both for the MAP, I have an extra one so I'll just put the new one on and put it in the right place in the vacuum lines. I might have the TPS/MAP plugs mixed up, I'll figure that out too.

My friend has a scoupe, blew the headgasket and bought a 2000 Tiburon motor, asked me to "make it fit and work". The trans supposedly just bolts on then drops into the bay, little bit of wiring and its good to go. We'll see how that works out.

Ok, Fixed everything, but now I think it's throwing code 15 with the CX ecu.

It has 5 short blinks, then a long blink.

so its !!!!!0

but I'm getting confused now. It seems the short blinks are dimmer, but I don't know if I should count the last short blink as a long blink or a short blink. if that was it then I'd have 4 and 20, or 5 and 10, or just 15.

thats what I think too, I have to steal the digi cam and I'll get a video of it.

Back