Update on the WRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just out of curiosity, how many horsepower will that scoop add?

Originally posted by yoshi@Apr 26 2004, 01:05 PM
Freebirds is awesome I go there everytime i go to college station. we need one in denton :(

little off topic but you got me thinkin

holy shit you live in denton? i might be moving out there next year for a job... i was out there a few months ago... it sucks, lol

Originally posted by B16+May 5 2004, 01:21 PM-->
@Apr 26 2004, 01:05 PM
Freebirds is awesome I go there everytime i go to college station. we need one in denton :(

holy shit you live in denton? i might be moving out there next year for a job... i was out there a few months ago... it sucks, lol

Coooooooool

Another one goes way OT!

B16, you should give me a buzz the next time you're around DFW. :)

Yeah I'm at UNT. I'll be up here next fall i'm movin home for the summer. We need to get a DFW hondaswap meet goin.

has your wrx's tranny given you any probs yet? both of my neighbors scoobies have tranny troubles, and yes they are good drivers.

Originally posted by Calesta+May 5 2004, 10:51 AM-->
Originally posted by B16@May 5 2004, 01:21 PM
yoshi
@Apr 26 2004, 01:05 PM

Coooooooool

Another one goes way OT!

B16, you should give me a buzz the next time you're around DFW. :)

how far is austin from dallas?

I talked to him last night after he had a couple of runs. The times were pretty good, especailly because he wast at ~6000ft and he was learning how to drive the car (this being his first trip to the track). He should be posting timeslips today or tomorrow so I 'll let him bring the whole story.

Originally posted by lsvtec hatch93@May 5 2004, 07:11 PM
has your wrx's tranny given you any probs yet? both of my neighbors scoobies have tranny troubles, and yes they are good drivers.

I've got a slight grind in 1st-2nd, but that's it. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse than that.

Alright, since all you commie bastards are bitching, here's my best slip of the night. It came on my 4th of 6 runs, so I had a little time to get used to running it at an actual track instead of a stoplight/back road. I'm the one on the left.

s409a976d61aa6.jpg

Like Eric said, that's up at 5860 feet above sea level. Based on the NHRA's correction standards, I would've run a 13.5 second ET at 101.5 MPH at sea level. Needless to say, I'm pretty pleased.

I'll have the full 3" turboback exhaust and the STi intercooler on the car here in a few weeks, then having it dyno-tuned. After that, another run at the track. I'm hoping for a 14.0, or maybe even a little better. My tires will soon be holding me back.

There ya go, rev8k. The timeslip I promised. Click here for the rest of the slips, they've got the time of day on each one. The last two runs were bunk, I bogged both launches, so I tossed those slips.

Tad bit higher than I had expected, but good runs! :thumbsup:

First, altitude is a bitch. :D

I just need to get a better feel for the car, and I know I can bring the times down. As I said too, I know my tires are holding me back, but I can't afford a second set of wheels and tires right now. I'd love to pick up some 17" BBS rims in gold, get a sticky set of tires on them, sell the dumb all-seasons I have now, and put some winter tires on those wheels.

I'll post up the slips after I get the rest of the parts on and get it tuned. Hopefully some 14 flats or so. This turbo is too tiny. :D

Originally posted by Havok@Apr 23 2004, 12:18 AM
word!

I want your car, interested in a 93 Samba Green Del Sol? or a 350Z? :)

Oh yeah, welcome back. :)

ooo... I've always liked that Samba Green Pearl color on a Del Sol. B)

Back