Update on the WRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

side note : now we have timeslips.....but did i miss actual pics of the cah??? :hmm:

from what im told they didnt use any thrust bearings in the wrx's and that is why so many of them take the syncros out in the trannies....one downfakl of the wrx that ive heard iof

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@May 16 2004, 07:59 PM
side note : now we have timeslips.....but did i miss actual pics of the cah??? :hmm:

lol :werd: :ph34r:

Now that I have a time slip, I want a dyno run chart. NOW DAMMIT!! :D

:hide:

I'm heading to MAC Autosport on June 12 to have the car dyno-tuned. Until then, all you whiners will have to wait. :D

I've got some pics in my sig, but they're just pics of the car stock. I've been too lazy to take any more. Maybe when I get my exhaust installed, I'll take some more pics, exterior and engine bay.

Side note: Got the JDM STi intercooler installed this weekend, along with the STi air splitter duct. Doesn't do much except look cool right now, until I get it dyno-tuned. Nothing like opening the hood and seeing a red "STi" on top of your big top-mount intercooler. :)

The JDM STi intercooler is 10% bigger than the USDM intercooler, and installs onto the stock WRX IC mounting bracket, which the USDM does not.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@May 17 2004, 12:22 PM
The JDM STi intercooler is 10% bigger than the USDM intercooler, and installs onto the stock WRX IC mounting bracket, which the USDM does not.

I use to :worthy: :worthy: when you had your h22a accord. It inspired me to get my h22a accord but now i also have an sti.. ;)
Talk about the best of both world
sti: low end balls
h22a + build up and chipped ecu: high rpm ass kicker

Originally posted by kingmarc01+May 22 2004, 01:07 PM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@May 17 2004, 12:22 PM

I use to :worthy: :worthy: when you had your h22a accord. It inspired me to get my h22a accord but now i also have an sti.. ;)
Talk about the best of both world
sti: low end balls
h22a + build up and chipped ecu: high rpm ass kicker

Thats kind of scary...DOHC has a stalker :)

He must be a SOMEBODY. Only cool people get stalkers. I'll be waiting for mine, but I won't hold my breath.

I like the STI's. Good runs.

I have now graduated as stalker with honor....
NOW...
I am waiting on my recruit stalker. ;) ;) :D

Alright, no sheets have been scanned yet, but here are the numbers:

Ambient temp was around 90 degrees.

Uncorrected:

198.77 Horsepower
205.91 Torque

Corrected for altitude:

252.48 Horsepower
261.55 Torque

Remember, I'm using my power to turn 4 rollers, not 2. :) I'll have the sheet posted tomorrow, hopefully.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@May 6 2004, 03:56 PM
Like Eric said, that's up at 5860 feet above sea level. Based on the NHRA's correction standards, I would've run a 13.5 second ET at 101.5 MPH at sea level. Needless to say, I'm pretty pleased.

on an all motor car- sure.

on a turbo car.... not really.

see, air pressure is presurized by tthe turbo... so even though the air is thinner up there.

soo, basically it takes MORE effort to make 1 psi (work fromt he turbo) but once the 1 psi of air is in, the motor is in boost- and not vacuum, and the altitude factor is no where NEAR as drastic as it is on an all motor car.

keep that in mind.

Back